Cannot update adobe photoshop 7.0 to 7.0.1....

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by Daniel Rossi, May 5, 2003.

1. Daniel Rossi

Daniel Rossi Guest

Hi Everyone,

I have a full version copy of Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and i try to update it to 7.0.1 and it says "The Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1 update program cannot find C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0"

"Please reinstall the program bla bla bla"

I have tried the Adobe Photoshop on half a dozen different PC's with different operating systems installed on them and i still have the same problem...

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this as Adobe Photoshop does work and it is located at the directory listed above it just wont patch it???

Any help given is very much appreciated..many thanks in advance!!! :D :blink:

2. Arg0

Arg0 Guest

Sounds like you have a blacklisted serial. Adobe has stated in the past that no updates will work on blacklisted serials. Sounds like what your problem is.:D

3. Daniel Rossi

Daniel Rossi Guest

Well how do i make it so it does patch

Ok thanks but how do i make it patch then all i need is a non blacklisted serial

4. baser5nature

baser5nature OSNN Addict

since this is a problem directly related to the fact that you have pirated software, you most likely won't find a solution at ntfs.org...

5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Are we learning yet?????? Seems not. :rolleyes:

Thread closed

6. Malkalypse

Malkalypse OSNN One Post Wonder

I bought my copy of Photoshop and I'm having the same problem. Can't seem to find an explanation for it anywhere. Furthermore, I was able to successfully install the patch about a year ago. (Since then I've had to reformat -- my computer was gang raped by adware and spyware). Now I get this message when I try to upgrade Photoshop.

Extremely annoying. Like I need more of that. :dead:

7. melon

melon MS-DOS 2.0 Political User

If your copy is legal and non-pirated, contact Adobe.

If not, then goodbye! ;)

Melon

8. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I'd contact Adobe correctly or post this issue on its forums. Adobe reps do post on those forums, and so one of them might see your issue and let you know what to do.

9. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

I can not see the problem contacting Adobe since they have a toll-free number.

10. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

I also had exactly the same problem and seeming that its costs about $450 to buy thats BS.

Here is what i did to fix it, the autoupdate thing just does not seem to work at all, go to:
    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1851

and download the patch manually, that does work and usually is the only way for it to work, i don't think it is dependent on serial keys at all.

Thanks

11. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

I see they are using the stand a lone patch oh well don't know what to do there apart from uninstalling photoshop reinstalling and trying the patch again...... anyway the patch doesn't really change much, so its not a total lose if you cant use it.