Cannot remove entries in add/remove panel

Here is a screenie of my Add/Remove.

I cannot remove the FarCryPatch1.3 and the two Paperport entries. There is nothing beside them click on as well.

Heeter

Attachments

• AddRemovePanel.JPG
    AddRemovePanel.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 89
And the programs keep coming. :D

Sorry this is getting hysterical. Not for you though Heeter.

Yes, I tried, Joz. The freeware version.

It didn't work.

Heeter

Yeah, actually it's amusing, Hipster. I didn't realize that they were that many.

Every registry cleaner I install cleans out the edits the last registry cleaner put in. What am I gonna use to remove the edits the last cleaner puts in. LOL

Heeter

If no regcleaner will work, then a reformat might be in order. Any type with an uninstall utility attached to it should work. Something else you could do is download system mecahic and try the uninstall cleaner on it. Going to the regestry and manually removing the entry should work also. It sounds like what you did was delete files without uninstalling it.

I know what you mean about the little things driving you nuts. I go through that all the time. I am a perfectionist when it comes to my pc, if one thing is out of order I fix it till it's perfect, if that don't work, I reformat and start over again .. That could explain why I know so much lol .

adding to the list of "reg cleaners"

Lexun RegScrubXP 3.25
link to download

choose hte button "user determines problems" look for the area with your far cry issue. it should find it. if not then reformat.......darn

First. Have you run an error check on the disk? If not run it.

Ok, time for the big guns. Have you tried regmechanic to clean up the registry? It's starting to sound like a corruption problem. Either on the HD or in the Reg.

If you haven't run one yet. Do a disk error check to make sure you don't have corruption causing the problem.

Next bring out the big guns. Regmechanic.

I tried to make you a list of the key locaitons for paperport. There are between 50 and 100 so I got bored and gave up. Man that program is intrusive.

Make sure you update to the newer "hijackthis" it is the one with the add/remove section in the "misc tools" section version 1.99.1

is windows installer even started ???

Yes Windows installer starts, then craps out midway through install.

I will try the cleaner first then try to reinstall FarCry Patch 1.3.

So far, I now have 14 regcleaners, but none lists the entries that I want to delete from AddRemove panel. Thanks to you all, I have become a regcleaner connosieur.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back