Cannot read CD-RW/DVD

N

neo

both of them are on secoundry ide CD-RW as primery and DVD as secoundary. It can be ejected bu the menu from windows but cannot read or write in the both optical drive, windows say it's fine and I cannot even reinstall window :( the main thing is not working went to the manuf website no drivers say's windows has drivers cannot even restore it deletes as cross linked files and now nothing . any ideas help:eek:

did ytou make sure that the master/slave setting are correct?(maybe try putting both of them on "cable select") are they both being recognized in the POST? might want to try putting one in at a time and re-install windows...just some suggestions

yes post does recognize both drives. Even windows recognizes the drives but it just no reading it might be the lens but both drives lenses :confused: even from dos mode it recognize the dirvers assign the drive letters but it can't read and yes I already looked at the jumper settings they are all good to go and I even tryed one after another but nothing. Difficult Problem ehh

I took both drives out and put in an old creative 36x it's still the same thing I think its the mobo does anyone know about a motherboard hardware scanner which scan mobo and identify the problem

do you have the latest bios and via hyperion drivers installed?

Thanks for all the help guys I dont know what happen & I tried everything imaginabal but I got so tired that I finally got new cd writer and volaaa it worked. Now I will try to figure out what happen. And will let everyone know about that so In future it will help someone.:happy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back