Cannot play FarCry demo.

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I cannot play the FarCry demo that I got when I purchased a computer mag. It installed properly, also reinstalled DX9B. I turned down all antiliasing to zero, and the resolution to 800x600x32. It reboots my machine when I press start to play it. When Loading, it craps out. I am able to play my Call of duty with no probs, and I going to assume that it takes the same resources as FarCry, so it is not my machine. Is there another setting or something that I am missing? Maybe it is just this demo, maybe the full version will not be a problem. I just wanted to try it out before purchasing.

Heeter

Oh well, I am sorry. I jumped the gun.

It says on the prog bootup screen "AMD64" So I am going to assume that it is not intended to play on my machine. I thought that 64 stuff/progs would be backwards compatible, maybe not.

Heeter

the AMD 64-bit chip is backwards compatible w/ 32-bit programs .. but programs that are written for 64-bit will not run on a 32-bit system.

sounds like you need to disable auto reboot so you get a blue screen of death, then the driver at fault can be found and fixed, farcry needs the latest, Video, Chipset & Sound drivers :)

if you are using ati. the new 4.4 cats have something in it about fixing stuff in far cry its worth a shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back