Cannot load program...

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
hi. i have a software and it has a DOS setup file and when i click on the setup setup.exe the dos window opens and exits right away. i had tried to see what was the problem displayed but i only made to see " cannot load program, program... " what could be wrong? thanks.

by the way. in the folder where the setup.exe is located it has 2 *.bin files.

the error says that the program is too big to fit in memory.

first line is = cannot load VDX/SPX support
second line is = program too big to fit in memory

it is IPX/SPX support not VDX/SPX support.. pls help...

it is a norton system works. i had reformatted my hdisk and when i was about to reinstall the software this errors comes out now. on the root directory it has 2 files + 4 folders. the 2 files are autorun.exe and autorun.inf ( [autorun]
OPEN=autorun.exe
ICON=AUTORUN.EXE )
also, even if i try to install it one-by-one the same error comes out when i click the DOS setup file like ( NSWSETUP.EXE ).

what is the better software for my firewall, internet security and antivirus then aside from norton? thanks.

Never ask that question! It always starts long arguments, lol.

-Zonealarm is a tolerable firewall. (There is a freeware version.)
-AVG is a good antivirus. (There is a freeware version.)
-Adware & Spybot Search and destroy are good spyware detectors. (There are freeware versions.)

There will now be dozens of posts with people recommending their favorites. ;)

Actually if you want to search the forum there are several threads on which is the best security software and discussions of why. The 3 I mentioned will get you started while you research other options.

Get rid of NORTON !!!! It is junk, garbage, crap, ûûûûe, trash, no good, pos, bad, not nice, terrible, etc, etc, etc. When I think of some more nice things to say about it I will let you know.

My opinion is the best anytivirus is no antivirus, and the best firewall is to unplug your ethernet or phone cord. But if you insist on using one: McAfee Enterprise is a very good antivirus, and look & stop is a very good firewall. Usually when I do use the free firewalls, I go after Zone Alarm. Mcafee and Look & stop are charged.

i had already uninstalled all norton and trying mcafee softwares for now. i am also looking at the other free softwares.
i had been using norton for about 2 years now and i had had system problem even without SP2. what's the issue with norton anyway? :crosseyed:

Try clearing your caches before running the file:

drive letter:\Windows\Temp
drive letter:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp
drive letter:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

Number 2 and 3 in this list will be hidden so you have to "show hidden files and folders" in folder options.

Johnny said:
Get rid of NORTON !!!! It is junk, garbage, crap, ûûûûe, trash, no good, pos, bad, not nice, terrible, etc, etc, etc. When I think of some more nice things to say about it I will let you know.

My opinion is the best anytivirus is no antivirus, and the best firewall is to unplug your ethernet or phone cord. But if you insist on using one: McAfee Enterprise is a very good antivirus, and look & stop is a very good firewall. Usually when I do use the free firewalls, I go after Zone Alarm. Mcafee and Look & stop are charged.

Johnny what is the title of the thread?

I ask this as what you wrote has no relevance to it.

Hmmm .. Lee, What is this, dig up old threads day ?? First kyle goes for the 2 year old thread to sell his product, now you go for one three months old lol ..

As for your question, he stated that he was using norton. My reply was that norton was more than likely the problem. I guess I just worded it wrong. Other than that, my reply had everything to do with this thread. Now if you would like to do some more looking I am sure you will thousands of other replies that have nothing to do with the threads that were started ;)

Johnny said:
Hmmm .. Lee, What is this, dig up old threads day ?? First kyle goes for the 2 year old thread to sell his product, now you go for one three months old lol ..

As for your question, he stated that he was using norton. My reply was that norton was more than likely the problem. I guess I just worded it wrong. Other than that, my reply had everything to do with this thread. Now if you would like to do some more looking I am sure you will thousands of other replies that have nothing to do with the threads that were started ;)

Actually AmericanZombie resurrected this thread which is closer to a month old than three months, buddy. You need to take your meds.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back