can you use digital camera as webcam

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
hey if i have a digital camera that does videos can i somehow use it as a webcam? i know theres someway to do it. and i knwo your going to say if it doesn't say it cna be used as a webcam then you can't use it but thats wrong!!!!!! i've seen it done so shut up!

I use my sony handicam as a webcam, not even a digital cam. even better than the cheesy webcam I have, comes with a remote to zoom in and out.(Cool). Prerecord and send instant messaging straight from capture. I have an All in Wonder ATI Rage fury Pro card that Windows Messenger recognizes, Movie Maker As well. Use the ATI program and watch home movies on your 'puter as you record into HDD. This is way Better than my cheesy webcam. Options are limitless with All in wonder ATI and handicam. Hook up cam to audio card and Bam!! instant Microphone built into cam.

Heeter

I have a cheap crappy camera that was free when I bought the pc and works well as a webcam :cool:

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
Well that's a good thing..........but how do ya do it? :p
I've no idea..I leave that to my son I've never used it before. He uses it on Net Meeting :)

oh i didn't mean as webcam. i meant like as in a live video conferencing camera. not pre recorded

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
Well thank you Marge........you truly are EVIL.
:p :p

I know Hipster :p

almostfamous88 my sons used it for that. All I can say is he plugs the USB in and off he goes :p

Originally posted by Evil Marge
I have a cheap crappy camera that was free when I bought the pc and works well as a webcam :cool:

I want the link to your live webcam

iether pm it to me, or post here in publick...thanx

Originally posted by almostfamous88
i've seen it done so shut up!

You could be a bit nicer you know, if people want to help, or ask something contrary, don't tell them to shut up.

I'm not sure of the answer, so I won't say anything, but, that little shut up bit seemed too unjust.

Originally posted by dealer
I want the link to your live webcam

iether pm it to me, or post here in publick...thanx

I second that!

If your nice to people they'll be nice back.If you can't be nice don't open your mouth :confused:

And to the guys who want my webcam ...use your imagination :p

Originally posted by Evil Marge
I

And to the guys who want my webcam ...use your imagination :p

it was my girlfriend that wanted the link...but that's another thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back