Can you think of anything else?

Comptech

OSNN Newbie
I have these parts on the way for my new build, time to give my son the old P4 3gig machine.
Abit AW8D motherbord
Pentium D 960
2x 1Gig OCZ DDR2 PC800
2 Raptor 74 gig HD's in raid 0
1 Maxtor 300 gig sata [for backup]
Plextor 18x sata dvd burner
Ati X1900xt 512 meg video card
Antec true power 500 watt PS
I am going to try the onboard sound for the time being, may have to go to
a card though if it does not cut it.

Well, I would have posted this asking for suggestions before saying you've already ordered the parts. But hey, whatever works. I wouldn't go with the onboard sound since you have a nice powerful machine anyway, may as well add some good sound for playing games.

What I would have done instead:
Conroe Intel processor (If not, yours is good)
2x Raptor 74GB 16mb cache since they are the same as the new 150GB models.
A Seagate Backup drive, but it's all personal preference on those drives.
Forget the Plextor SATA drives, they are not worth it. A Good BenQ or NEC drive would have given you the same results and not cost you so much.
The X1900XT is a great choice, good card, lots of power, and overclocks to XTX speeds easily.
The Antec True Power is a nice choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back