can someone tell me ?

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
how to stick these little buttons back on a laptop?

jeeze

my laptop is so old, the buttons are not made anymore.

I lost an important one, so I popped off the "lock computer" button, which I have never used, and tried to pop it onto the important button which I always use..."

anyway, I can't get it to go in.

I'm screwed.

no idea. you should be able to still press that missing button with a paperclip or something that reaches down in the litle hole that's there.

or keep popping off other buttons til you find one that fits. :D

I think I use every other button!!!

well, I think maybe I have never used this button; " ~ "

but it's such a pretty little squigly, I think I am going to start using it now that I'v seen it.

I am really screwed

aha!!!!

I have never ever used the "insert" button

someone tell me what this one does, so I know what I will be missing.

if you type something, then arrow back to the middle of the text and type again... the new text will be 'inserted' into the pre-existing text by default. pressing the insert button toggles this on or off. if off, the new text will replace the old text instead of pushing it along.

i think that's all. some games use it, but you can change that.

thanx taurus~

u~r~the man~~~

ook, I don't need the insert button, but I definately need the ~ button.

now I need to know how to get it to push onto the fujistsong keyboard.

ok~~~see you later

don't mind me, I just want to see what this looks like in bold;

~

Obviously I'm not entirely sure what profile of stub you're left with looking out of the keyboard but for example...

1. If you have a small stub of plastic you could drill a hole down the middle with a very small bit or even melt a hole in with a pin.

2. Do the same to the key you want to put on.

3. Use an appropriate length of that pin or a paper clip etc... and push that into either hole.

4. Use also some epoxy glue / super glue and mate the pin in one of the holes and fit the key to the keyboard peg that way.

I hope that makes sense!

Mubbers

P.S. Don't use too much glue :eek:

P.P.S. If you find that it's one of those plastics that doesn't seem to glue you can make glue but you need spare bits of a similiar plastic...

All you do is dissolve that plastic into a solvent until you have a glue like consistency. This then works pretty good as a glue.

Originally posted by dealer
don't mind me, I just want to see what this looks like in bold;

~

looks like a stylish right eyebrow!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back