Can load web pages in Firefox, but not IE7 ??

Tell web developers to stop checking for browser string on request. But that would be bad because some developers like to cater to the individual browsers. Not all code is the same for IE, FF, and Opera.

That is what I am getting at:) . It's kinda funny how the web designers have to change their design to suit IE7 now. There shouldn't be any cases like that. It should be compatible with all websites. Why does IE7 sounds more and more like xbox 360 ??

I'll let you all know what the University says after I talk to them today ...
OK, so IE used to have loads of crap in it which ment people often had to code differently for different browsers. This of course was bad
so MS (reps to marge) start to make things better by having IE 7 more standards compliant (not perfectly, as they self admit, but its a work in progress) which inevitably will break some sites that heavily code to old IE ways. Now this also is wrong?
What do you want them to do? Magically make every site standards compliant?

You have to remember, that in todays world, unfortunately, MS cannot do anything right. They are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

OK, so IE used to have loads of crap in it which ment people often had to code differently for different browsers. This of course was bad
so MS (reps to marge) start to make things better by having IE 7 more standards compliant (not perfectly, as they self admit, but its a work in progress) which inevitably will break some sites that heavily code to old IE ways. Now this also is wrong?
What do you want them to do? Magically make every site standards compliant?

What they did in the process of trying to make it "Better" is make it non reverse compatible. The website for my college that I am trying to connect to uses M$ servers for there network and web pages. They also use Frontpage to design the pages. So why is that they can't connect ??

If they are going to upgrade something they should make sure it works fro all previous items before said upgrade. I agree with them trying to make it better, and I do like IE7. If it wasn't for this blunder I would be still using it. Hopefully there is an update or something to fix it ....

[edit] I spoke to the university, They said they been getting a lot of complaints about this issue. It is not just the one page, it's a couple of them. They said that they think it's a CCS issue, or a DNS issue. Where the browser isn't reading either of them properly. They are telling everyone to use firefox for now. So hopefully it is fixed through M$ soon [/edit]

Last edited:
Guys, thanx a lot. The useragent switch worked .. I can now get on the site. I'm going to keep it there until there is a fix for it or something. Thanx a lot for your help in this ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back