Can I sue N-Case? Spyware Knocked Out My Comp Twice!

Johnny said:
@ zeke_mo - I do not appreciate your tone. <Removed>

As true as it maybe be howcome i get my comment "edited" for stating my thoughts and this gets by?

nm, I dont really care

I see your point Dub.

I try to use the infections (they happen to our clients every frickin day) as a learning experience. I learn where they are going, how they are doing it, and how to manually remove it. I google it up hardcore.

If I've seen it before, and as you said, notice that it's a very minor infection, run spybot/adaware against it and be done with it.

I tend to go a little further into the registry than most of my colleagues - it's gotten to the point where I can wipe out large sections without flinching, cuz I know they were created by surf side kick, or the lovable interchangeable always morphing Gator. I can see that pest from miles away.

Also, I use some really neat tricks on IE to fix her up. cuz I can't very well switch them over to a different browser, and our ancient higher ups in platform engineering are afraid of SP2. So while I browse around with an updated IE 6 SP2, with Spybot and Mr. Gate's bought out GIANT software protecting it... our clients are still getting roped into all kinds of spyware/malware. What's worse is they didn't enable automatic updates.

Dub, certainly System Restore saves you time. I guess I only tag it as 'last resort' is cuz I like to figure out how these parasites get in, and how to get them out. It slowly teaches me the deeper workings of what Microsoft thinks is a secure OS - enabling me to 'manually' secure against all kinds of ghouls and goblins.

zeke_mo said:
As true as it maybe be howcome i get my comment "edited" for stating my thoughts and this gets by?

nm, I dont really care
Because I'm not sitting here monitoring OSNN 24/7? I will edit out any inappropriate personal attacks, regardless of who posts them.

I am starting to feel maybe it would best to just close this thread. :rolleyes:

I do actually have a space bar on this keyboard - but the bunchedwordsare bad because i chose to edit.. causes more bunched. (sorry)

Deleted and reposted- might be easier.

I'm not so hot on these types of argument but the only reasonI use firefox (which has never hindered me with any surfing)was amplified tonight by someone asking me if I knew any other explorersas I.E.would not open under control anymore (probablynothing that adware/spybot could clean up - but i recommended Firefox) itshows that people who don't watch where they're going can get intotrouble in the end with their systems, with firefox I've found thischance lowered

[edit] btw sraycoz - lovin' the dancing...[/edit]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back