Can I have pop up/sliding menus on my desktop?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Ganja, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Ganja

Ganja Guest

I presently have all my program icons within folders on my desktop. Example - I have a folder called CD Burning once I click on it it opens up a window containing all my CD Burning applications. What I want to be able to do is move the mouse cursor over the desktop folder and a sub menu appears with a list of each application so I have no need to double click to open up the window then once again double click to open the application. Is this possible, i am only using the uxtheme.dll patch with my own variation of the Mac OS X theme ???

2. andy_rose

andy_rose Moderator

3. Ganja

Ganja Guest

I will attach a picture of my desktop with a pop up menu coming from one of the folders. This is what I'm trying to make it look like but I want to know if/how it can be done.

4. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

looks like a DesktopX feature... maybe something similar.. but something like that should be fairly easy to orchastrate onto an Active Desktop...

MdSalih

5. Ganja

Ganja Guest

The screen shot I posted was my desktop with the extra submenu look i'm trying to achieve drawn on there with photoshop.
    Is it possible to do without using an application like Desktop X ? The only reason I ask is because the one time I used DesktopX, which was quite some time ago it slowed up my system and took long to finish the boot up sequence. How is Desktop X thesedays? Is it still a resource hog?