Can I erase everything in my "Temp" folder?

O

omegaman20

CAn I erase everything in my "Temp" folder ? even "sys32"?

u can

u can erase everything in TEMP folder i always doo

Originally posted by omegaman20
CAn I erase everything in my "Temp" folder ? even "sys32"?

i think if u got sys32 in temp folder and u use kazaa. u got a warm that's been around now. check the forum for that.

This isn't for sure or anything, but when you install programs they create a folder to store the installation files.

At a later date you may wish to modify your installation.

For example remove or add new files.

But, if you remove the temporary installation files then this feature may no longer be available to you.

Kind of like the temp files for the windows installation. (Notice it doesn't ask you for the cd to add new features?)

It is because some .cab files are stored on the computer in a temp capacity for your windows application installations.

I believe this is true for programs and how they use your temp folder.

If you don't want to use this feature then by all means delete this folder.

Another point though. I think if the folder isn't there it will prompt for the cd if it exists. If it didn't then you gotta reinstall the program.

Laters

Yes, it is safe to delete the contents of both:

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back