Can I be my own ISP?

I am sure I have seen some software that can help you be your own I.S.P. @ downloads.com (cnet). I know you can buy your own domain name, have a static I.P. and make consumers come to your machine, turn your PC into a server. The software also compresses your connection to make it 3 times faster (so it says) it begins with KC something, had it on a freebie disk from a mag.

As for being your own I.S.P. don't go there, you read about them going bust by the bakers dozen (13). First I.S.P. we had at home
was compuserve, then we changed to a company called liberty surf, for £50 one-off-fee you got unlimited (2 hour boot then relogin) access no telephone charges, it was o.k. for about 3 months then hell you could not login. They went bust I think.

Seems like a whole heap of grief to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back