Can anyone get the tilt wheel to work in MOH?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jkoXP, Oct 13, 2003.

1. jkoXP

jkoXP Guest

I haven't been able to get the tilt wheel to work in games yet.. It works on anything else.

When I go to specify the button the game won't recogonize the movement.

2. chris

chris Free to Fly

Do you mean the middle mouse button wheel?

If so, look in the config file for 'MWHEELDOWN' and 'MWHEELUP' as thats the name for the button. If you find it, you can just manually bind the key for what you want.

3. jkoXP

jkoXP Guest

No, the tilt left and tilt right. MS has a new mouse that you can tilt the wheel left and right. I read a review that it works in these games, but I haven't gotten it to work in games yet, just documents and websites.

4. chris

chris Free to Fly

Ah, I'm with you now.

Erm, had a bit of a look around but couldnt find much :s

You could always try second guessing what the name of the button is..

MTILTLEFT, MTILTRIGHT etc.

I'll keep looking and see if I can find anything

5. jkoXP

jkoXP Guest

They don't give an option to type, you can only hit the button you want.

Thanks for looking. I'll keep searching too.

6. chris

chris Free to Fly

By manually I mean by going into the game dir and looking for the config.cfg file. Pop it open in wordpad and then you should see all the settings for the game, bindings included

Btw, been looking at these mice and they look niffy, may have to get one :)

7. jkoXP

jkoXP Guest

Ok, I'll try that then.

They are very nice. They fit my big hand and my gf's small hand. Best mouse I have used for surfing and playing games. The tilt wheel is handy when I'm doing work in an HTML editor or Excel too.

8. chris

chris Free to Fly

Got a couple of questions about them heh :)

Whats the battery use like? They use them up stupidly fast or is it as long life as microsoft say? And whats the wireless like? I can imagine the signal dropping in the middle of typing could be annoying, as it would miss half the keystrokes.

9. jkoXP

jkoXP Guest

The battery life has been good so far, I use it for about 8 hours a day, and the battery hasn't dropped yet. (it has a meter too).

The signal is great too, works up to 8 feet away (I tested it). Only way you would have problems is if you have any type of interference.

BTW, I couldn't edit the config file. :( Half-Life won't recognize it either....

10. chris

chris Free to Fly

Been lookin around, amazon.co.uk has the wireless desktop elite set for £62.49

Quite tempted heh :)

I've still not found anything to help you with mohaa, asked about and no one I know has one of these mice so I cant even ask them :confused:

11. jkoXP

jkoXP Guest

Not sure how much that is is USD, but I think it's worth it. Gaming alone is better so far with that mouse. It's laser eye reads much better then my older MS Explorer optical mouse, it used to skip around a lot.

I will probably have to wait awhile on getting this issue fixed till more people get it or a patch is released maybe. I'd edit the config file but the only one I can find is for video. :confused:

12. Petros

Petros Thief IV

I believe that Half Life deathmatch (maybe it's BF1942?) gives you the name of the button when it's unbound and you try to push it, like "mouse4 is unbound".

Once you have the name of the button, you should be able to bring down the console in MOHAA while playing (press the ~ key) and type "bind <name of button> +leanleft" without the quotes.

13. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

with older logitech drivers, the extra buttons couldnt be used, the quick fix used to be disabling and drivers that came with the mouse and using windows drivers. then i could assign all my buttons :)

hope this helps.

14. Evilite

Evilite Guest

There's nothing on the official forum?!

15. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

Does the mouse app have someway to assign maybe letters to the tilt? Then assign those in the game?