Can any one help with data recovery??

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by sy64004, May 3, 2003.

1. sy64004

sy64004 OSNN Addict

Can any one please help me to recover 6 gig of data from my hd.

I recently did a reinstall and it all started to go wrong so I phoned around a few shops for advice. One told me to try installing MS Dos and start all from scratch, which I thought was a stupid suggestion, but seeing as I was out of ideas I gave it a try, only to find that my 20 gb HD is now only 2 gigs and my previously partitioned D drive is showing up as 17.01 GB unalocated.

some where in that unallocated part is 6 GB of work/ music/ and other files that I really can't do with out.

Can anyone please help, I'm out of ideas and I can't even begin to believe that I've lost all my stuff???

Thanks in advance

2. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

You might give this a try... http://www.ebcd.i-am.ru/

I can't promise you that it will work but it's about the only chance you have.

Good luck bud! Let me know how everything works out for you!

3. sy64004

sy64004 OSNN Addict

Thanks Un4gIvEn1 I'll get that as soon as I can and let you know how I get on

:cool:

4. sy64004

sy64004 OSNN Addict

Hey Un4gIvEn1, well I'm finally back on. I think my lack of know how screwed things up even more with the boot CD, so i had to totally reformat and start from scratch. I found a very good prog called "Getdataback for NTFS" and it did the trick. I managed to get about 99% of my stuff back.

Thanks for the recommendation for the boot CD I'm sure I'll need it some time!!!