CAlling all win 98/XP dual booters!

N

noah472

Hey there party people, could anyone who is running win 98 and xp please post a copy of there boot loader file from system-advanced-startup-edit and copy and paste it up here please, thanks

:)

Thats not gonna help you unless you have the same boot and drive order as they do. and in the same directories

here ya go ,
whats the problem

[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
C:\="Microsoft Windows"

No problem really just trying to see if i can install 98 after xp and edit the boot loader... dunno if you can but will give it a go! any ideas?? :)

Sometimes life is easier than you think. If you fouled up your bootmenu (by istalling Win98) then you can easily reair things. Boot from the WinXP CD and press F10 during the initial stage (while it's loading all sorts of drivers). When you get to theRecovery Console you log into Windown, enter your password and issue the command fixboot. It will rebuild the necessary bootfiles.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back