Calling all firearms owners/enthusiasts

unleashed said:
Grow up. Stop being a hoplophobe.
Bet your balls grow real tight when you pull that trigger, huh! As for growing up, did that a long time ago, unlike most. As for 'having fear of guns', don't have that, the fear of the mentality of a gun user is what we all need to fear.

Lee said:
[stuff i do not wish to see repeated -Unwonted].

He didn't want a flamewar or a discussion about the morality of guns. He wanted to announce his new forum. Could you edit your posts to be less flammable? OSNN is a peaceful place.

ThePatriot said:
Guns are what made your and my countries free from oppression and tyranny. They are a woven part of our history, and our legacy that can not be separated. I have been a gun owner since my first BB gun at age 13, and have fired many, many weapons in both my Military Career and civilian life. I have never fired a gun in anger, and have had many fun times, both with my comrades and with my wife and kids involving firearms. They are not everyones cup of tea (see Marge :), no offense sweetie) but they are far from the evil devices some people tend to believe. Go to a local firing range, or go with a friend who target shoots and try it, you may be surprised!

Good luck with the new forum Unleashed! I'll be a regular visitor!

Although I agree that guns made this country free from oppression, it wasn't the hand gun that did it.

The battles that were fought were fought with rifles. There should be a rifle in each free household in America, but hand guns should be outlawed.

They are the well spring of almost every single murder, robbery, and rape in our society.

The fact that they can be concealed contributes to the duplicity of there ligitimate usage.

*** NOTE ***

all right lads...

this thread in and off itself is valid...

if someone does not agree with something within the thread you are free to discuss the finer points in life over cheese and wine but please do refrain from squables as that puts no one in a good mood :cool:

I am sure we all have opinions about weapons and their uses but this thread IS designed as a meeting grounds for "guns owners/enthusiasts"

please do not resort to personal attacks to sort out your differences... :)

and please pay particular attention to my SIG

/me watched eddie izzard last night... again...

Lee said:
MM NO they kill people and they are used to make people be fearful during robberies. Guns are wrong, they are for people with small willy's.

Dude, relax, no one is trying to brainwash you. We're just giving you our side of the story. And I'm definitely not getting into a willy-size war here! :p

o0RaidR0o said:
Although I agree that guns made this country free from oppression, it wasn't the hand gun that did it.

The battles that were fought were fought with rifles. There should be a rifle in each free household in America, but hand guns should be outlawed.

They are the well spring of almost every single murder, robbery, and rape in our society.

The fact that they can be concealed contributes to the duplicity of there ligitimate usage.

I'll agree that handguns didn't win any wars, but they do play an increasing larger part in wars thru recent history. Sidearms have saved many a soldiers life.
As for handguns being outlawed, I disagree. I carry one for my own protection on the road, and I would not like to have to face off with a handgun toting thug with my only defense being a can of pepper spray. I don't think outlawing them would take them off the streets. Look at all the other "outlawed" items you find daily in the US.
If it were not handguns, it would be something else. Everything from a kitchen knife to a Louisville Slugger could and would be the replacement, and they can all be concealed too. If you're going to commit a crime, you're going to do it regardless of the weapon you ultimately choose to use.

<Snip>

Flames extinguished
cop.gif

-NetRyder

eddieb said:
<Snip>

This site is for computers not guns, guns should be the last thing spoke about.
Live by the sword you will die by the sword.

Lee said:
<Snip>

This site is for computers not guns, guns should be the last thing spoke about.
Live by the sword you will die by the sword.

In your opinion. I guess all the other Green Room post about girlfriends, cars, etc. should be stopped also, right? Or do we pick and choose what is discussed based on who is at the site on any given day? Or do we not allow certain things to be discussed because one person doesn't agree with them. Sounds like communism, doesn't it? If I don't like let's say, soccer, do we not allow it to be discussed here? I believe there have been discussions about soccer in the past. We did not see you slamming the sport or other posters, did we? How about movie reviews or opinions? If other things were not allowed to be discussed on this site, why the hell have a Green Room?

Calm down guys, this is nothing to get pissed off about.

edit: Okay guys, no more flaming in this thread.

Look Lee. I don't appreciate being called names. I think a Moderator should have a discussion with you concerning having respect for other forum members. I am officially filing a complaint and hope a mod will do something about this.

edited...

o_87

Thread temporarily closed

Look here people, we have tried to keep this thread open and free for the people who wish to have a relevant discussion.

If there is going to be continued trolling/thread crapping and flaming/flame-baiting then there will be warnings issued were relevant.

If you don't like guns, start your own thread and post there, there is no need to ruin the thread here.

I'm going to re-open this thread in a bit after we've cleaned it up a little. In the meantime I hope sentiments cool down some so that we can resume normal activity.

Thank you.

Sazar

-edit-

Thread Re-opened.

Keep it civil please... :)

Ok my side... I promise not to flame/shout or anything :)

When my dad was in the army, his pistol was his saviour a few times when there wasn't enough room to use the rifle, or was changing a magazine or whatever. Even out of the army he used to scare away would be burglars etc. While driving in South Africa, someone threw a brick through his windscreen - he stopped, shot at the people who did it. He didn't hit anyone, but I bet they won't go there again!

Also, since the banning of handguns the UK, gun crime has gone up by an average of 10%, if not more in some areas - people aren't afraid to use illegaly owned firearms anymore when commiting a crime, as they know that nobody can fight back.

And Lee, I've never had a problem with you, so don't have a problem with me. As for that remark about my balls growing real tight, there were guns within my household before I was born, same for my mum, my dad, my sister - it's nothing special for me to go out shooting. It's an everyday thing for me.
And you're also saying because I own guns, I'm a bad person with the mentality of a criminal and murderer? Yeah, thanks for that vote of confidence. I'm no different to anyone else on the street (or so I like to think :p)

Why is it I'm not allowed to enjoy the sport I grew up with? It's like telling you football should be banned - it's responsible for a lot more injury than shooting...

What the hell is wrong with people?You know what the topic is,if you don't like it don't read :rolleyes:
I've got a pic of my dad out for a day's shooting with his 2 gun dog's somewhere , I'll post it when I find it if anyone would like to see it :cool:

Unleashed said:
Also, since the banning of handguns the UK, gun crime has gone up by an average of 10%, if not more in some areas - people aren't afraid to use illegaly owned firearms anymore when commiting a crime, as they know that nobody can fight back.

Why is it I'm not allowed to enjoy the sport I grew up with? It's like telling you football should be banned - it's responsible for a lot more injury than shooting...

Always a volatile subject no matter where the discussion occurs, unfortunately. This could really be an interesting thread, and I will try and avoid making any offending remarks.

Unleashed...my sentiments exactly. The criminals aren't going to stop using guns just because they're illegal. They generally don't obtain them thru legal means anyhow.

Also, you're right about injuries. I have never been injured by a firearm, and I have fired weapons running the gamut from a small 25 cal Beretta to a 120mm M1 Tank round and everything you could imagine in between. I have, however, broken bones playing football, riding my bicycle, riding my motorcycle...and more. Worst injury I ever had came from a drunk driver...but we all know how prohibition worked out! :rolleyes:

I do agree with some of the anti-gun crowd, though. There are quite a few people, at least in the US, who own firearms who really shouldn't own anything more dangerous than a pillow. Better enforcement of existing laws is needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back