Call of Duty - Trouble in Paradise

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by chaos945, Nov 20, 2003.

1. chaos945

chaos945 Moderator

Everytime I run Call of Duty on one of my PC's it crashes and says "Runtime Error!" *see pic. I don't know whats up, I've tried reinstalling "Visual Basic Runtime Library 6", the "Visual Basic Runtime Library (Complete Set)" and the "Java Runtime Environment" but it stilled crashed with the same error after all that. I even reinstalled Directx 9.0b and changed video drivers, I don't know what to think now. My other system runs it fine with no errors. Any suggestions or help would be welcome.

System Specs *of the system not running properly:

SOFTWARE:
    Windows XP Home *legit
    Directx 9.0b
    Java Runtime Library 6
    Detonator 52.16 Official *originals I had installed
    Detonator 53.03 Unofficial *switched to these, still crashes

HARDWARE:
    A7N8X rev 1.04
    Asus Brand, Geforce 4 MX 440

2. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

3. chaos945

chaos945 Moderator

I just installed the full version, and I had this probelm on BOTH demos as well!

4. Hmm.. how odd. Have you tried their tech support on the site? Or searching on Google or something for people with the same problem?

5. Leo154

Leo154 Guest

format... its much easier then tracing the problem... if you format, you have a 90% chance of having it fixed, cause it doesnt smell like a hardware problem, coz i've played the game on a GF4 MX.

6. koko

koko Got Root?

have you considered running a virus scan? could be attributed to a trojan maybe.