call of duty has been freezing on me in the 2nd level

hey call of duty has been freezing on me in the 2nd level. i have latest drivers for vid card and the 1.4 patch for the game... my cpu is running during the crash is running 156 C. crashed 6 times 2 times vpu recovery (ati thing) has come up 2 other times full crash had to reboot. and other 2 times was able to pull it out with ctrl alt del. (although it leave the britness on the monitor way up. Game is running on higest details and toggles off the bi/tri filtering. any ideas?

If your CPU is really running @ 156 degrees Celcius, then I suggest a new CPU and a better cooler :p

Serious: Check the airflow in your systemcase, I think your videocard isn't getting enough fresh air.

156 degrees celsius, eh? you could probably bake some brownies on that processor - since it is around 315 degrees or so.

but seriously, if it were that hot, your processor would have burned up by now and you wouldn't be playing call of duty, let alone solitaire. im guessing you mean fahrenheit which is still bad - i'd look into cooling your machine a bit.

Most mobos that run XP processors will shut off between 80 and 90.
So I am sure he mean't farenheit.

I can't remember the exact fix, but disable vpu recover.
The original cod problems occured before they changed the dialog properties.

Glaanieboy said:
If your CPU is really running @ 156 degrees Celcius, then I suggest a new CPU and a better cooler :p

Serious: Check the airflow in your systemcase, I think your videocard isn't getting enough fresh air.

yeh and for gods sake man, take it out the box it came in :eek:

serious now, sounds like tempreture problem's, the CPU and Video card should be serviced and some arctic silver thermal paste applied :D

I had problems with an old 9600 Pro on the 2nd stage of CoD. My remedy was to use and stick with 4.3 official drivers. Any other drivers, including new ones made my video card freeze constantly forcing a VPU recover, and sometimes even VPU recover couldn't fix it, requiring me to restart the whole system.

4.7s (or was it 4.6?), anyway the new drivers are out tonight, doubt it will do much, but Terry seems very excited. Not that thats rare or anything.

WOW.. HMM MISSED THAT 56 c NOT 156 hehe i have a volcano 8 cooler not the best but not a slacker and artic silver 2. it is running hot because i live in houston tx and its 82 degress in my house and 90 outside at night..... during the winter my cpu runs at around 115 far.

iv elimated heating from the problem. ( i ran far cry benchmarkes in loop 10 times at max settings. if i was gona over heat becuase of a game it would of done it there )

i havent tried the 4.6 cats yet but i did try the omegas built of the 4.5's and it did it again. i think its something software related. i have run this game off this machine before with no problems. Sp sp2 needs to get out and i will reformate and see if that will help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back