Calibrating my new TFT

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by sean.ferguson, Dec 19, 2004.

1. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

Not sure whether this would be drivers, application or tweaks but anywho... I just got an LG Flatron L1715S 17" TFT Monitor, im using it with XP Proffessional with SP2 and have all the critical updates from the web. I got with it a CD which has drivers and "Colorific Software" however the colorific software setup wont run and when i start Photoshop Cs i always get this error:

kind of self explanitory why i need this software :p the thing is i have done a search and cant find it. Its not on the LGE site either. Anyone got any ideas what i can do? :dead:

2. Moonwraith

Moonwraith Moderator Folding Team

If it's any help i've got the L1510s (15inch) LG TFT. I have the colorific software, but never installed it. I did on the otherhand just install the monitor drivers. Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Advanced. Monitor tab -> properties -> driver -> update driver. then just update the driver using the CD-Rom. I've never required the colorific software anyways!

3. sean.ferguson

hmm, i did that so i still dont understand why PS gives me that message

4. sean.ferguson

ok i dont know what happened, but Xp all of a sudden started asking me for the monitor disc. LightSurf is now installed and i followed the instructions for caibration, and PS now likes my monitor :D

was very strange... opened winAMP and then it asks for the moitor disk :p Thanks anyway :D

5. Moonwraith

Moonwraith Moderator Folding Team

ah well bud, glad it works :up: