Cable modem nightmare!

M

mellie

Use XP Pro and connect via a Terrayon TJ210 to Internet. Every time I attempt a download from a P2P site I get maybe 2-5 mins into download and then get disconnected. Tried to update drivers for modem using 17014usbdrivers from Terryon site, however they will not allow me to connect at all. Have to resort to old Turbonet drivers 30/10/2000 (3.16.0.2700). Really have no place else to turn. Appreciate a bit of steerage on this one.

could be your isp blocking them. i dont know for sure though some do that now. are you using a router or firewall?

Norton Personal Firewall is configured to receive KAZAA or IMesh downloads so I don't think its that. Other mates use the same ISP and report no problem's with broadband.

umm i dont really know anything else u could check. maybe if it's on usb u say, try switching to different usb port? or wait for someone else know might know what can be done

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back