C# tutorial

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by Swi, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Swi

Swi gningnegneur

Anyone got a good one? (on-line of course)

2. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

Are you familiar with C, C++ or Visual basic. Do you know about programme flow and control, objects, inheritance, methods and modules or error trapping proceedures etc?

If you already understand the above I can provide an answer, if not learn the latest version of Visual Basic or Pascal and it's concepts first, then jump straight to C#.

3. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

I actually found that if you learn C++, VB, and Perl (or Java), you can pretty much figure out C# (at least that's what I did).

C# is to C++ as C++ is to C. It's simply an exstention to the language. It incorporates C++ with object oriented design (Perl, VB, Java, etc). What type of programming skills do you have? If you have none (or your skills are limited), I wouldn't get a book. Most books are written as though you have some programming experience. I would recommend these though:

The Beginners Guide to C++
    Perl - In Plain English

I used those books to learn the basics of the languages (good thing too because when I took CompSci AP, I knew most of the material).

4. Swi

Swi gningnegneur

I already know all these concepts very well.

What i want is something that can be an online reference and more complete than MSDN to show differences between C++ and C#. MSDN only show a few examples...

5. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

Quote: - What i want is something that can be an online reference and more complete than MSDN to show differences between C++ and C#. MSDN only show a few examples...

There are some differances between C# and C++ which was it's predecessor. Error handling has been quantified. Pointers are now unambiguous or nearly.

Go here for a basic description: -

http://www.modulo3.de/seminare/entw...tutorial_en/cs_tutorial_eng-Dateien/frame.htm

Or Here for the goods: -

http://www.csharpfriends.com/Members/index.aspx

Hope this helps///***

6. Swi

Swi gningnegneur

Nice, thanks!

7. Pandoz

Pandoz Guest

If u go to ur simple search engine (i find google the best) just type in "learn ---- online" "---" whatever pog language u want!

8. singwei

singwei Guest

9. obi-wan

obi-wan Guest