C:\DOCUME~1\Chandz\LOCALS~1\Temp\

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by paul2-0-0-2, Oct 19, 2002.

1. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

C:\DOCUME~1\Chandz\LOCALS~1\Temp

Is it safe to delete the stuff of of the folder C:\DOCUME~1\Chandz\LOCALS~1\Temp

cause every time i unzip something it goes in there lol and there's other stuff aswel but anit sure if there's anything inportant in there :rolleyes:

2. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

its a temp folder so windows will clean it sometimes. But you can clean it yourself :)

3. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

lol there's stuff in there from 3 months ago :rolleyes:

Thanks sboulema

4. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

weird :S mine is almost empty...

5. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

lol i just got a zip folder 102 mb big and everything went in there

6. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

damn that temp folder is swallowing your hdd space :)

7. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Moved to Applications

8. in the program u use to unzip unrar ... files u can set up a temp folder for ex c:\windows\temp so u dont have to be going to that one all the time. other thing u can set up c:\windows\temp as your default temporary dir in windows. dont remember where exactly though

9. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

cheerz for that info mafiafromrussia

i took a screen shot of some folder's wats in the folder could some1 tel if i can get rid of these :confused:

10. we;; i cant really tell u what's in there, but i also have same folders in my temp sometimes. "_wa3sktmp" is defenantly after winamp3 i checked. others could just be files after installed programs. they are safe to delete if they are in your designated temporary folder.

11. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

ok thanks do u think there could be anything wat messes up my computer if i delete it

12. not unless u have installed some needed program into that folder. but if you are worried about that. copy the contents of the temp folder to some other directory. delete it from temp folder and boot. if something is not working put it back. :)