c&c GeneralS installing problem

B

Bail

i was about to install GENERALS ,after i agree in the agreements then i click next then suddenly a msg pops out it says "disk space required for the installation exceeds available disk space"

what seems to be the problem? i still have 1.81gig free space:mad: :(

how big is the install?
cmon get another hd, only a small one if it means that much, wont set you back much

ok i already installed the generals..but when im goin to run the game there was an error mesage it says

technical difficulties...
sorry a serious error occured

:(

I would say DO THE UPDATE. The game might trying to save it self on swap file. check the swap and buy a new hard drive they are cheap these days and you will need it for any expansion comes out.

Originally posted by Bail
whats a swap file?

Swap File

A swap file is an area on your hard disk used as virtual memory. It's called a swap file because virtual memory management software swaps data between it and main memory (RAM).

I am sorry I don't know if swap file and page file is diffrent but I meant so say pagefile Control Panel -> System -> Advance -> Performence -> Advance -> and Virtual Memory on the bottom see the amout of MB that much disk space is saved by windows you can change it (if you have less of equal of 512MB Ram I don't recommend it) by clicking Change -> Custom Size.

Sometime very helpful links
http://www.cnet.com/Resources/Info/Glossary/
http://www.karbosguide.com/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back