Bypass RAID check

M

Masaki Ando

I have an ASUS A7V266-E. It ships with an onboard RAID controller. However, I have one 40GB Maxtor IDE HDD (probably a Ultra100) and a 8.4GB(the computer says its capacity is 7.85GB)(maybe it is an UATA33/66?) Western Digital IDE. I tried ONCE connecting both HDDs to the RAID connector with the right ribbon cable, and the system failed to boot. So I decided to ditch the RAID. After a while, I got annoyed about how long I have to wait for it to check Ultra100 drives which result in detecting nothing. I would appreciate anyone who could help me solve any problem.

THX:D

You'll need to go into your bios setup and disable the raid controller. Your manual should help you find out where.

Ja, but it can only toggle the onboard modem riser module and onboard sound on/off, not the RAID

Hang tight, i'll go get your manual and have a look. I have the KT7-Raid and have the option to disable it in bios.

On Page 23, Item 11 in the manual you have a jumper setting, "These jumpers enable the ATA100 Controller Card, or the IDE RAID controller function. The default setting enables ATA100."

That's really all I could find on it in the manual. I guess there's no way to completely disable it, sorry.

there simply has to be. :confused: i'll look in my friend's kr7a-raid book.

btw, nice mobo, lonman. ;)

Ehh.. it is just probably the problem w/ the MB...

So, if I really want to try again on doing the RAID, is it safe for me to do so?

I have a UATA100(maybe) 40G Maxtor and a 8.4G(though my WINXP says 7.58G) UATA33?/66?(I dont know about this one) Western Digital HDD

You can try putting them on separate channels. I wouldn't attempt setting them up in any kind of array... strictly atononmous of each other. For RAID configurations you really need the same size drives. But they should run independantly of each other ok on the RAID controller.

Thx taurus... It's been pretty good to me so far. I think I'll go with Asus next time. It takes Abit forever to update thier support stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back