Burning Quality

NightHawk_450

OSNN Addict
Is there any difference in quality if you burn to a cd-r(w) at various speeds??? Not being specific to the type of information being burned....

Example: does burning at 4X mean you will get a better quality burn then if you burnt at 8x or 12x etc.

thanks in advance!!!

simple answer: no

if its a successful burn doesn't matter,

:cool:

simply

the all manufactured of cd rom make the standard
support write on the speed of cd rom

your make burn identified the good speed for the
cd rom
exp: 4x12/24/40
write = 4
regards

i think it's mostly to do with the media your burning on ...
some cdr's use better "dyes or layers " than others and so produce less errors

the media will usually be marked or labelled with what their max burning speed is .

keep in mind , most cd rom drives have error correction that can cope easily with the slight errors made by burners

i usually burn at one step less than the max of either the burner or the media's max rating , i did read somewhere that it can actually make things worse if you burn at too slow a speed , as the "layers" in the faster media is more sensitive to the burning laser's heat , (there's less time for the laser to burn that spot) and burning at a slower speed can cause "overheating or burning " and actually produce more errors

Originally posted by Iceman38
simple answer: no

if its a successful burn doesn't matter,

:cool:

Hey ICE :D , such a speed ! those were my words ...:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back