BulletProof change drive problem...

KillerBear

OSNN Newbie
I just installed BulletProof FTP Server v2.3, I got it running and it works great. The only thing I cant do is change the drive that I am in.... its very strange.
In the user account I made, I gave myself access to :
C:\ (c drive on the local computer running the server),
D:\ (also on local machine running host, but a different physical HD), and
Z:\ (a mapped network drive pointing to the other computer on my LAN)

I use FlashFXP to log on to the FTP server but all the damn thing shows me is the C:\ drive. I can change folders no problem, I have access to the entire drive. But when I try and change to D:\ or Z:\ I get a "550 CWD failed. No permission" from the server and the client. Why is it doing this if I know I gave myself permission?

Hopefully someone can help me out... thanks alot.

I'm not sure that is possible, I myself have been trying to figure out how to do it but have had no luck yet. Instead I have mounted the other drives as folders on my c:/, you could try that until you find a solution assuming there is one. If you do find one pls post as I would like to try it as well.

James

Mount the other drives as folders huh?
How do I do that? It sounds like it would be just as good.

OK I just read up on mounting drives to folders... thats all well and good for HD's on the local computer.

But I cant mount a network drive to a folder.
There has to be a way around this! When you are picking what folders users have access to it shows you your FULL tree of folders, including ALL local HD's and any attached network drives.
Why would they be shown to you if you cannot gain access to them?

Maybe there is a better FTP Server that I can do this with and wont have any problems? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks...

Which one is set as root folder in the server? I'd have an empty directory as root folder and then put the drives as virtual directories from there. This way you can have all drives accessible.

Mounting drives as folders is really unnecessary.

All the options related to home directories and virtual directory linking (using the link files) are controlled from the User's ccount properties or Group's account properties. You add the directories you want for each user or group.

Just check out BFTP Server's help file man, it's explained rather well. Let me know if you have any trouble there ;)

Yeah, I figured that one out last night. lol
As a last resort I read the manual.. who woulda thought?
I set up the drives as virtual directories..... works great.
Thanks

KillerBear said:
As a last resort I read the manual.. who woulda thought?
Pretty sad that's the last resort. :p Things would be much easier if people acctually read the damn things. ;)

Oh, me? No I never read them. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back