Building a new PC, need opinions...

hammer will blow the P4

hammer will blow the P4....................................is intel developin a P5, jus a Q..............

LISTEN!!! Both AMD and Intel are manufacturers of quality chips. They both have their plusses and minuses. They both have their supporters and critics. THEY BOTH WORK FINE!!!

Umm...whoever said that the Athlon XP 2100+ is the last in the line of the Athlons, that's not true. Sure, it's the last of the Paliminos, but the new Thoroughbreds will be the last in the line of the Athlon XP. (Well, after the SOI version comes out). But yes, the Hammer will be awesome...too bad you don't hear more press on it...I love hearing about it.

HAHAHAHA........

thx xsivforce..............hehe

will someone pls close this thread???.......cuz no ones prolly gonna shut up, bot good (AMD/INTEL) chips..............

OVER.............

close it now PLS.....................................

:D

intel?

never buy another intel in your life... AMD is the only way to go... intel's are more expensive and worse in performance... its a no brainer. I suggest a AMD MP or XP around 1800... Asus is a good board... i love mine... dont get an abit though... mine died within a year.. might as well go big.. and get ATA 133... 60 gb harddrive.. and DDR pc3000 ram... at least 256. Gf3 or Gf4 will be good for any game. make sure u have lots of fans in ur case... so you wont have to worry about over heating. Thats about it

Now children, I have tried to teach you right from wrong and to respect others...don't make me come back there!

P4's are a joke...ok...let's:

A.) Buy a P4 with a 100Mhz bus speed, alot of heat, and minimal bus speed, c'mon...100Mhz has been around for 8 years.

or

B.) Buy a P4 with RDRAM...lmao...another joke, yeah lets buy some RAM that's 8x faster than our processor will keep up with.

Seriously, go with the AMD, ask ANYONE, who knows ANYTHING about this stuff, just because a P4 "Northwood" (rofl again cuz even a novice PC builder (this taken from a clip about a year ago) is gonna get a processor called a "Thunderbird" over a processor called "williamette") with a High-end retail manufacturer nVIDIA graphics card scores highest on 3DMark, who cares...3DMark was built for that knid of setup, honestly, the reason why us AMD lovers have systems that will run any game that comes out for the next year is because intel couldn't come up with a half-decent video core..."Intel effectively shoots itself in the foot"...reason why is cuz all games have been being designed with the lowest end video core in mind...that which is used in P4 boards cuz intel is to lazy to make their own...anyway, back to the subject...an AMD machine running the exact same specs as a P4 with a GeForce 3 Ti500 except it is running an ATi Radeon 8500 will score REAL low on 3DMark, but once again, who cares...the program was DESIGNED to run better on P4 systems, all my ranting done, I'm just going to say, to those P4 lovers out there, the reason why your getting so AGGRESSIVE and swearing and crying etc., is because you DON'T KNOW THE FACTS. Who cares if you read the hardware reviews, if you knew what a Floating Point Unit was, you would understand, also, if you read ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF THE ARTICLE you will see that, after all the tests and benchmarks, that it was deemed that NEITHER was the best processor in the world etc. etc. etc., it just depended on what you use it for, so you know, intel had a long delay before they made all processors support MMX...the technology they developed, I mean, seriously, how lame is that. All of you people who go for AMD...ROCK ON BROTHERS!!!

All of you who go for Intel...GO TO SCHOOL!

roflmao.....xsiveforce.....why pull the car over......that thread was getting fun:D lol......also...
From Allan03:
i dun really care about AMD and Intel's rivalry..........im not some computer fag who argues this .....so who carez..................i dun care..............no one carez

just so you know, if it weren't for "computer fags" like us, ppl like you would still be trying to figure out why your PC won't turn on when you have the power strip plugged into itself..........

ok, well........................

as i stated before, the guy who started this thread was askin for the best processor...........and i told him that it was the new P4's (2400) out, and all these AMD (intel haters) fanatics started gettin mad and cant accept the truth. i know amd makes good processors, i like amd, but as of right now, P4's ahead. and thats it, not talkin about future processors (or about the hammer), were talkin about whats powerful now..........i know amd is gonna make better chips.....

and for people who get offended when i say "computer fags"...if u really stay home and stare at ur computer all day.................then im sorry for sayin "computer fags"......i should just call em "intel hatin guys....hehe"...........

AND FOR PEOPLE REPLYING TO THIS, READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS BEFORE U START HATING AND BASHIN ME

OK IM DONE, CAN SOMEONE PLS CLOSE THIS THREAD CUZ THIS WILL NEVER STOP!!!!.....ELECTRONIC PUNK???....WHERE ARE U??

CLOSE THIS THREAD NOW!!!!

Sorry, but I wanted to point something out, the guy is building a computer in 6 WEEKS, not today, therefore, it doesn't matter if Intel is ahead today.

Allan your P4 is better cuz youre comparing an apple to an orange
Youre trying to race a V-8 Camaro and a V-6 Firebird it doesnt work! If youre gonna make a comparison compare apples to apple in at least ONE category. like price or speed
well for price you could get an athlon 1700 or a celeron 1.3 ummm yeah your intel just got its ass kicked!
Intels are better for progams that are

GET THE NEW 333 BOARD IF YOURE GONNA GET AN ATHLON!

Im working on getting an athlon XP 1700+
a gigabyte KT 333 mobo (as it equals the asus in benchmarks and is 80 bucks less!)
and 256 or 512 333ddr ram

then when i have some more moolah ill get a GF3 ti 500 and a new NEC/Mitsubiti monitor 19" flat!

and one of you said using Dualie athlon XP's ummmm
YOU CAN'T DO THAT! only the Athlon MP's are dualieable from what ive seen and dualie is only better in progams that actually USE the dualie if youre playing games or whatnot youll never use the second processor

2 things spoon...mbe 3...

1.) Yes, you now can use dual XP's.

2.) For your GF3 Ti-500, get a visiontek or an MSI, not a cheap OEM brand.

and,

3.) AMD rules...

cool what boards can u dualie XP with?

im thinking visiontek for my gf3 :D

Oh my god! It looks like amd's are for children and intel's are for men. I only see little boys post here! Wha wha Wha!:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back