Build your own laptop

Skunk141

OSNN Addict
This is something I have been wondering for a while.

I currently buy 1 or 2 HP 530's a week for around the £280 mark.

I would like to be able to build a similar spec and quality laptop for less if I build it my self, is this a possibility? If so where can I get the parts? Any recommendation from any of you doing this already.

Cheers

I have no experience in building laptops, but have repaired more than I care to remember.
I think you'd struggle to beat the price you mentioned above, purely due to the bespoke nature of laptop components.
However, as a project I'm sure it'll be more a case of salvaging a chassis and building up from there. Or buying a cheap laptop and modding it.

I could point you to a few sites that sell laptop components, but as mentioned, factor in the costs, and I believe pre-built will be cheaper.

Thanks for the info, it looks like I'm getting a pretty good deal already!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back