build your own computer

T

tones10

Hi, Does anyone know of any up to date websites for build your
own computer, I have done some searching but the only sites
I can find seem to a bit old, Pentium 3 and the like.
Many thanks

Well I don't of any off the top of my head. I will say is depending on which style of the Pentium 3 for the most part the rest of the guide would still be valid I think.

I kind of like dubstar's first choice. But I may be a little biased, since it is my site. Take a look at BYOPC.com and if you have any trouble, I would love to help. I'm just a click away.

-Jeremy

http://www.byopc.com
Build Your Own PC !

just follow the instructions in the mobo manual

its like riding bike all you need is confidence

:cool:

Thanks to all those who replied, I actually went for "Dubstars"
first choice as it seemed to be what I wanted, I did email the
writer of his pages but so far he has not replied.
Many thanks.

These links will come in handy.... for i am building my third PC this weekend. Thanks to all who replied to... umm... the guy who started this thread.... :D :p

yeah, basically, just put everything where it fits, more importantly, don't put things where they don't fit... add OS, done.

Originally posted by blinden
yeah, basically, just put everything where it fits, more importantly, don't put things where they don't fit... add OS, done.
There's acctually some PSU:s with a 3-pin connector similar to those on fans. That should NOT be put where it fits (on the mobo). So a manual is a good idea regardless. :)

Originally posted by Zedric
There's acctually some PSU:s with a 3-pin connector similar to those on fans. That should NOT be put where it fits (on the mobo). So a manual is a good idea regardless. :)
mine has the 3-pin connector and it's to monitor the temperature-controlled fan speed in the ps. so mine does connect to the motherboard.

Originally posted by taurus
mine has the 3-pin connector and it's to monitor the temperature-controlled fan speed in the ps. so mine does connect to the motherboard.
Oh that's what it's for! Does it have three leads or just one? The ones I've seen had three (thus the "nooo, don't do that" feeling).

Originally posted by Zedric
Oh that's what it's for! Does it have three leads or just one? The ones I've seen had three (thus the "nooo, don't do that" feeling).
it just has the one 'sensor' lead. if it had three, i'd raise my eyebrow, too.

with it unplugged, are all fans in the ps spinning? what does the manual or manufacturer's site say about that connector?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back