Confirmed Bug on front page "recent forum posts"

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Political Access
So, I soft deleted a thread ("The Best Plastic Templates For Interior Design Projects Offers.") and when in the actual forum (forum.osnn.net) it doesn't show up in the recent forum posts section at the top (see screen1)

But, on the front page, the link to the deleted post still shows up on the front page as a new forum post (see screen2). If I am logged in, I can still pull up the post.. but when I am logged out, I get an error that the thread is invalid.. which would be correct since a guest wouldn't be able to see the deleted post while an admin/mod could.

But, why does the post even show up on the front page when the forum doesn't show it. Not sure if there is an update/delay cycle when the front page "new posts" section gets updated or not..

edit: it would help if I put in my screens

screen1
1401910999_6f08fb7df3.jpg

screen2
1401911009_be7d4b5745.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Being an admin you can still see it if the thread is soft deleted. I don't think it should show up in recent posts though, although I'm not sure.

In the future, if you are sure it's spam, hard delete that and move on - less headache that way :)

I'll check the queries, it might not be excluded if it is only soft deleted.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back