BT Internet

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
Why does BT put a time restriction on your connection.Is there away around this so you don't get disconnected every two hours.

I don't think so, as it is all calculated at their end... I really want to switch ISPs away from BT as the packetloss is high, and that makes it horrible for online games.

I changed from bt anytime to aol after getting the bt e-mail saying I was over using the service. As far as I am concerned aol are better than bt, and if you change ur bt anytime account to a bt pay as you go account you can keep your e-mail address as well

i was on bt anytime it was quite fast but i quit because they banned me for being on for16 hrs or somfing - which is complete crap its a 24/7 service and i wanna use it 24/7

im now on freeserve its a bit slower but i ALWAYS connect 1st time and it doesnt disconnect me every 2 hrs

BT....

I used to use their service - BT NO Time

Turns out the program watchdog spoke to some employees and they told them that they were actively disconnecting 'Anytime' customers as they didn't make themselves much profit!!!

Hence when I was on Anytime it could take 30 connection attempts to pick up e-mail and then I got disconnected 5mins later. If I dialed up on the pay-as-you go package. I got on straight away and never got cut off!

Anyway, BT are dying in Edinburgh as they only have analogue exchanges and Telelwest was my only option for broadband...

And I have never looked back since.... EXCELLENT service for £25 quid a month flat fair.

Originally posted by New Disease
i was on bt anytime it was quite fast but i quit because they banned me for being on for16 hrs or somfing - which is complete crap its a 24/7 service and i wanna use it 24/7

im now on freeserve its a bit slower but i ALWAYS connect 1st time and it doesnt disconnect me every 2 hrs

Huh, I'm on Freeserve Anytime and it always disconnects every 2 hours, How can you be circumnavigating this ?

yea im supposed to be disconnected every 2 hrs but im on the free trial so it must be somfing to do with that ......or im dialing the pay as you go number...

Originally posted by dpr
I changed from bt anytime to aol after getting the bt e-mail saying I was over using the service. As far as I am concerned aol are better than bt, and if you change ur bt anytime account to a bt pay as you go account you can keep your e-mail address as well
:D AOL are the only UK dialup ISP to give truly unlimited access
:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back