BT Internet

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by brocher, Jul 14, 2002.

1. brocher

brocher Moderator

Why does BT put a time restriction on your connection.Is there away around this so you don't get disconnected every two hours.

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I don't think so, as it is all calculated at their end... I really want to switch ISPs away from BT as the packetloss is high, and that makes it horrible for online games.

3. Scottish

Scottish Guest

If your neat a BT exchange point go for ADSL..

4. brocher

brocher Moderator

Can't nearest exchange is about 40 miles away.

5. Scottish

Scottish Guest

unlucky for you :/

6. brocher

brocher Moderator

Tell me about it.

7. dpr

dpr NTFS Junkie

I changed from bt anytime to aol after getting the bt e-mail saying I was over using the service. As far as I am concerned aol are better than bt, and if you change ur bt anytime account to a bt pay as you go account you can keep your e-mail address as well

8. New Disease

New Disease Whatever...

i was on bt anytime it was quite fast but i quit because they banned me for being on for16 hrs or somfing - which is complete crap its a 24/7 service and i wanna use it 24/7

im now on freeserve its a bit slower but i ALWAYS connect 1st time and it doesnt disconnect me every 2 hrs

9. robin.munro

robin.munro Guest

BT....

I used to use their service - BT NO Time

Turns out the program watchdog spoke to some employees and they told them that they were actively disconnecting 'Anytime' customers as they didn't make themselves much profit!!!

Hence when I was on Anytime it could take 30 connection attempts to pick up e-mail and then I got disconnected 5mins later. If I dialed up on the pay-as-you go package. I got on straight away and never got cut off!

Anyway, BT are dying in Edinburgh as they only have analogue exchanges and Telelwest was my only option for broadband...

And I have never looked back since.... EXCELLENT service for £25 quid a month flat fair.

10. Bytes Back

Bytes Back Ex Police Chief

Huh, I'm on Freeserve Anytime and it always disconnects every 2 hours, How can you be circumnavigating this ?

11. New Disease

New Disease Whatever...

yea im supposed to be disconnected every 2 hrs but im on the free trial so it must be somfing to do with that ......or im dialing the pay as you go number...

12. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

:D AOL are the only UK dialup ISP to give truly unlimited access
    :p