bsod BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

NathanA

OSNN Addict
So I have my new rig built and everything is going well, but I've been getting this bsod now and then: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER. Any thoughts???

NathanA said:
So I have my new rig built and everything is going well, but I've been getting this bsod now and then: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER. Any thoughts???

If you're using a cable/adsl modem that is attached by usb cable, try swapping it to ethernet connection if possible.

Try disconnecting any USB devices temporarily. Then reconnect them one at a time to try to narrow down which device is causing it.

Do you have a PS/2 mouse around or a USB-to-PS/2 adapter? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your mouse software?

NathanA said:
hmm...okay...but the only devie connected to usb is my mouse...

found this at microsoft ..

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=331988#kb3

as goofy as this may sound ..i kept getting that error with a bunch of other **** before i replaced my sata cables.

now that i think summore .. you have a wireless mouse thats bluetooth right? you have a phone taht is bluetooth as well? Just curious ..its late and im only thinking of the least likely stuff since its probably something right under everyones nose.

another obvious thing is go to hardware/device manager and look at human interface devices ... yet another thing .. is your usb mouse plugged into one of the hardwired usb ports or one you attached on the case ..or on a usb board on the back? Maybe a bent pin where the usb cable plugs onto the mobo? Either way .. try to plug your mouse into another usb port or use the adapter as previously mentioned.

Last thing ..is your mouse reception powered by/from the usb or does it plug into teh wall? I read something about anything over 500mv or something can cause this particular error you are speaking about.

THe real last thing ..is there something particular you are doing when the blue screen comes up? Like maybe hitting the start tab or opening the browser or listening to music?

So I uninstalled the crap Logitech software, and so far (crossing fingers) everything is working fine...I'm using the bluetooth SP2 stuff to control my mouse and keyboard...we'll see!

I have never liked the Logitec software. I refuse to install it. :down:

I am getting the same error. Speciffically I get the error everytime I exit warcraft 3. And often during warcraft 3. This has only happened since I completed a clean install of windows XP (I completly erased win98). I have only 1 USB device (logitec mouse) my computer is old (1.3AMD Athlon 256) so the only USB ports I have are the two I bought.

Also during game play and while in most application my screen will freeze for a split second if Im not scrolling my mouse my mouse... I am about to try your suggestions. This makes DVDs (or any graphic) impossible to watch and also makes game play impossible.

About to try some suggestions from this forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back