Browser loads wrong page

T

titojackson52

Lately I have been having a strang problem with IE6 and win XP...

I'll either link to page or manually type in an address and occasionally the browser loads a completely different page. Typically the page loaded is a page that I have visited recently however this is not always the case.

In light of this I did try dumping the cache, cookies and local files that have been stored on my disk but I still get the problem.

Any tips?

relevant info:
I am running ICS on this machine.
Cable ISP
XP (obviously)
Zone alarm as the firewall
am I missing anything?

same thing

He is having a lot of the same problems I have encountered.

Another thing that I forgot to mention.. This also happened in WinME and is actually the reason why I upgraded to XP (fresh install) .

I'm glad I'm not alone. All my friends thought I was smoking the pipe.

this seems to have solved my problem....

Security Update, March 4, 2002

This update resolves the "Java Applet Can Redirect Browser Traffic" security vulnerability in the Microsoft virtual machine (Microsoft VM) on Windows XP and Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), and is discussed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-013. Download now to prevent a maliciously crafted Java program ("applet") from silently re-routing all browser traffic to the applet’s host without the user’s knowledge.
This update upgrades your version of the Microsoft VM to 3805.
For more information about this vulnerability, read Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-013 <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-013.asp>. (This site is in English.)
System Requirements
This update applies to:
Windows XP
Windows Me
How to use
Restart your computer to complete the installation.
How to uninstallUninstall is not available.
:D

Thanks for posting your solution. Someone else may XP-erience this problem. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back