Browse Happy

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by SPeedY_B, Aug 25, 2004.

1. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Midlands, England
    Seems that more and more people are trying to rid the internet of IE.

(Note: serious discussion only, flames will be deleted without any notification of warning.)
  2. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

Muskegon, Michigan
    So are people just no noticing that IE is unsafe? I use to use IE up till the past few months cause i never knew about other browers cause i had the internet gone for so long. I hope Microsoft makes an effort to make IE better soon unless they r gonna wait till longhorn is released.
  3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

New York City
    From what I know, the IE team at Microsoft is back in action now. IE 6 SP2 is a testament to this - the popup blocker and ActiveX filter were two very important features that were incorporated. I think other features aimed at the end-user like tabbed browsing etc. should be on their way, although I'm not sure if there will be a new IE release before LH.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the MSHTML engine. Even with all the useability enhancements, if IE still renders CSS and PNG alpha channels incorrectly, it's still going to be a target of criticism from a large number of web developers who have to make special attempts to sometimes even "break" their code in order to make it compatible with a browser that has the largest user base today. I'm really not sure what Microsoft's stance on this important issue is.