Brother 1440

R

rabalder

Hi

I got this weird problem, I have a Brother laserprinter HL 1440. I have used it on my old pc for a year or so, To day I mooved it over to my new PC with XP pro, same XP pro that was used on my old PC. It prints ok but every time i print I got this annoying message " There is not enough space on your PC. Make room on the hard disk by deleting some files." Some one know what to do with this problem.:)

you could try disabling the print spooler in services.msc from the run command

no

No, that did not help, if I did it properly, I switched it off in Adm/services in controllpanel. Then there was no printers at all. He he, I got rid of the annoying message though. :D Any other idea ?

rabalder

Do you have enough space on your hard disk? Graphics print images can be huge. Since it's a new PC more than likely the application causing the problem can't read the correct amount. It overflows it's memory variable size and thinks there is no HD space avaialable.

Many applications spool the printout to disk where it waits for the slow printer to need it. You should be able to turn off spooling in the applicaiton you are printing from if it's just one app. being a nuisance. This will tie up the application until printing is finished.

Hi
I turn off spooling in printer software, its now ok. I got about 150GB off space on Hd,its now printing directly to printer. The message about space are now gone. Thanks for help :))

glad it worked. does point to an out of date driver though, have you found a new driver on the makers website ?

turning print spooler off wont hurt unless your using it as a network printer.

I have to look for a newer driver, I just looked at my inst. xp cd its with SP included , I am sure thats why I have problems, the old inst on the other pc had the org XP cd inst. I use it as a network printer and already seen that it no longer work.Try to fix it tomorrow thanks. :))

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back