Broadband

Originally posted by Ant -|- One
2400/384 here, it's T1 I guess :D
Tier-1's actually only 1.54M-Bit, so you're above it.. for download speed anyway ;)

Originally posted by Ant -|- One
2400/384 here, it's T1 I guess :D
equal to DL 300Ko/s, UL 40Ko/s

Fastest AND cheapest broadband in France for home use (30 euros per month).
Most happy with it !

dam thats good:eek:

Today's the day! In about 1 hour is the start of the projected time frame that the guy will come and hook me up.

hands up you care about when someone else gets broadband??

now hands up if you cared when you got, or will care when you do get broadband???

Guess what, I am now a broadband user! It's all set up and I re-activated my account with my new e-mail address.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Tier-1's actually only 1.54M-Bit, so you're above it.. for download speed anyway ;)

What are the speeds for T2 ? Am I at the same level (I connect at 2.4Mbits/s) ? A little under ?
Before my isp upgraded my dsl line, I had a classic 512/128 connection. Now, my dsl connection is seen as LAN connection, though my pc is a standalone one. Only way to disconnect is to unplugg the usb modem from the phone line. I find it a little amazing for a home internet connexion, but it works like charm, the pc connects to the Internet just a few seconds (4-5) after XP finished loading.
By the end of the year, I'll get a Voice over IP phone line (no extra charge) and tv also (which means they'll broaden my dsl connexion to 8Mbits/s, 2.4Mbits for the Internet and the rest for phone+tv).

Is there such offers in other countries than France ?

ermmm...that 100mbps is what your network adapter is connected at I think....go to this url... ftp://ftp1.optonline.net/pub/test64 ...and let the file start downloading until its about 50% done...then look at your download rate....that will give you an idea about your speed

Heh, connection (to your connectivity device) is so misleading :D
I'm connecting to my modem with a gigabit ethernet port (although I think the modem will only connect at 100mb, plus I'm only using CAT5, heh) and yet it's only utilizing 512k of the connection. :)

Recently (2 days ago) got upgraded to 4Mbit down and 3MBit up from mangosurf/bulldogdsl - 'tis v. sweet :D downloads are lightening fast.. much better than when i was on 512/256 line.

MdSalih

I think I might switch from this crap cable internet connection to DSL soon. I get like 3Mbit down, but only 256Kbit up :(

I’ve had BT Broadband (576/250) for a month now. It seems average enough when compared to my old 56k connection. Download speeds of around 50kb per sec are the norm almost at any time of the day. My problem with this service relate to the high cost and almost hourly attack by various viruses and Trojan’s. This peaked when I was configuring a new XP PC and using my normal BT connection without my firewall and virus checker (by mistake) to update XP found that within less then ten minutes the new machine had been infected by more than eight viruses and three Trojan’s. Surprisingly XP had recorded this in its log files. Norton Internet security refused to install and I had to re-partition the hard drive and start again.

I would like the option to be able to change my IP address at will as I’m sure that this will confuse the attackers. Anyone know how to achieve this when you have a “always on connection”?

:) :) :(

Originally posted by ViperSnake
Tommorow's the big day! goes to Thunderbird to send a reminder to everyone in address book

*glad he doesn't have my address* :p

Originally posted by gballard
ermmm...that 100mbps is what your network adapter is connected at I think....go to this url... ftp://ftp1.optonline.net/pub/test64 ...and let the file start downloading until its about 50% done...then look at your download rate....that will give you an idea about your speed

stop abusing that FTP server, that will never get me higher download speeds, all you damn people downloading from it at the same time outside oft he OOL network.

10 Mbit down, 1 Mbit up here.

[Breached: ~]$ wget ftp://ftp1.optonline.net/pub/test64
--15:43:31-- ftp://ftp1.optonline.net/pub/test64
=> `test64'
Resolving ftp1.optonline.net... done.
Connecting to ftp1.optonline.net[167.206.5.41]:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD /pub ... done.
==> PASV ... done. ==> RETR test64 ... done.
Length: 67,108,864 (unauthoritative)

100%[====================================================================================================================>] 67,108,864 713.81K/s ETA 00:00

15:45:04 (713.81 KB/s) - `test64' saved [67108864]

My proof, im gettinga bit slower than my normal 900 KB/sec, as some lamer on a node here is uploading and downloading at the same time at full speed. He is going to get disconnected tommorow though, as its all warez =).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back