bring gas prices down {no joke}

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I don't think this goes in hard talk, if it does please feel free to move it

to bring gas prices down, or at least try to do it a movement is begun to have everyone boycott two of the refineries (which are now one by the way) exxon and mobile for one year

I think that's a great idea and I won't be buying any gas or petro produts from those outlets

if you're on board, forward this idea in email and ask them to forward as well

Last edited:
Supply will be curtailed in order to keep the price inflated, and keep the Bush administration in the money. OPEC still does it on a regular basis.

Mastershakes said:
Supply will be curtailed in order to keep the price inflated, and keep the Bush administration in the money. OPEC still does it on a regular basis.
maybe not, maybe

what people don't understand is that we are the third largest procucers of oil in the world

what they also don't reaslize is that the oil that is produced in America IS PUBLIC PROPERTY, like the air we breath and the water we drink and swim in, it's NOT their own private property, the oil companies are SUPOSED to pay royalties on the oil THAT BELONGS TO AMERICANS not to them

we have to STOP giving back to them the rent they pay for the priviledge we award them to take our oil, ESPECIALLY when they are posting the highest profits in the history of planet earth

we have to STOP selling our oil overseas at market value, these are Amerians resourcs, not the oil companies and we need those resources here at home

I think we also need to break the oil companies up...who thinks THAT is a bad idea?

anyway, I don't know if a boycott will do any good, but there is no reason to support exxon mobile and I am on board

Last edited:
I don't think that would work, Perris. There is only one exxon station in my area. And no Mobil stations. The most of them are Bp, or a specialty gas from the convenient store. Other wards, it's a gas that has the convenient store name on it. Then with that it could either be Exxon or Mobile.

I think for this to work you would have to quit buying gas period. Which is what will happen if the price don't come down.

good point johnny, however we couldn't quit buying gas, we have been weened into an addiction

here in new york and conneticut mobile has every station along 95, it would definately show a hit if we could manage the boycott here

you're probably right wouldn't help bring prices down, but man oh man, it cudn't huyt cud it?

I'm definately on board, gas is cheaper at the other stations anyway, so this works out just fine in my book

In Britain, and here in Canada we have always paid heavily for gas. Looking at the average prices down there, you all are still getting it for peanuts.

On the topic of boycotting, considering gas is pretty much essential for North Americans, I don't know if it would have any impact. However your second idea about breaking up the oil companies is a great one. Breaking up oligopolies is pro-consumer.

Mastershakes said:
However your second idea about breaking up the oil companies is a great one. Breaking up oligopolies is pro-consumer.

We don't do the pro consumer thing in this country.... That's why we broke up AT&T in the 80's and then let them join back together last year.

I don't like to scream conspiracies but I can't seem to get past the idea that we have an oil man president, record oil prices and record oil company profits. Coincidence?

I agree with you Bouncingsoul. If you look at his income last year; President Bush made $750,000.00. $450,00.00 was from the Presidential fund, the rest was from investments in, you guessed it, oil companies ..

You can mark my words on this one also: "THERE WILL NOT, I REPEAT - NOT - BE A REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT NEXT TERM" ..

I hate to be the spoilsport, but I will *ONLY* but Mobil fuel in my car. I always have since I started driving when I was 18 and always will until the day I stop driving.

madmatt said:
I hate to be the spoilsport, but I will *ONLY* but Mobil fuel in my car. I always have since I started driving when I was 18 and always will until the day I stop driving.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

/takes away cookies

As I've pointed out before, there's a supply problem. Read the posts near the end of this thread.

If anything, the oil companies are decreasing oil production right now to prevent a sudden large increase in the price.

Boycotting these companies is practically impossible if you live in an industrial society. Everything from food, to trasnportation, to electricity needs oil. Can you imagine the loss in productivity? The economy is utterly depedant on oil.

You think the President and the Vice President don't know about the supply problem? They have been in the oil business for decades and know everything.

It's time people woke up and faced the facts.

Grandmaster said:
As I've pointed out before, there's a supply problem. Read the posts near the end of this thread.

If anything, the oil companies are decreasing oil production right now to prevent a sudden large increase in the price.

Boycotting these companies is practically impossible if you live in an industrial society. Everything from food, to trasnportation, to electricity needs oil. Can you imagine the loss in productivity? The economy is utterly depedant on oil.

You think the President and the Vice President don't know about the supply problem? They have been in the oil business for decades and know everything.

It's time people woke up and faced the facts.
what you're saying is true grandmaster and the solution is to become energy independent like some Latin countries have managed and we need to do it a s a p

we should have been energy independent already and we would have if the incentives that were put into place weren't rescinded by the politicians that are in the pockets of the oil concerns...whoever is an "oil man" has got to get out of politics and we have to do our best to make it so

once we become oil independent, we could actually sell our resources and buy back the dept we have taken on from china and Saudi Arabia these last six years

that is the road to recovery and we have to make that start as soon as we are able, we have to stop giving our treasure to corporate profiteers and make sure their puppets and marionettes can't do any more damage to the country we inherited

we have GOT to start giving America back to the people, and STOP giving it to corporations

we HAVE to make sure the legacy we inherited is not squandered to those puppeteers before our children reach adolescence

we can do that with the same type of program that put men on the moon, it iwll put Americans to work rebuliding this country and making her the proud beacon of democracy it was just a few short years ago

Last edited:
this is to go along with the idea put forward by perris and might have be what he saw to get the idea. Now there is also a list I believe on DoE's website that lists which companies buy oil from Arab's

Using simple economics we can reduce gas prices

This was originally suggested by a retired Coca Cola executive.

It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton.

It's worthy of your consideration.

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!!

Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work.

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How?

Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.

It's really simple to do!

We all know the theory behind the chain mail system….. you send it to 10 people whom send it to another 10 people, and etc. As a result you have a large audience that can reach hundreds of thousands to millions of people.

So, let’s send it out to as many as possible and get this ball rolling… I’m sure we are all tired of spending so much money on gas!

How long would all that take?

In a perfect world, if everyone actually sent this out to 10 people it would reach 300 Million in 8 days.

Now, we all know that everyone isn’t going to send it out to 10 people and we can’t control that.

But, if this makes sense to you will pass this message on. And even if it gets to 1/3 of the people, we are still looking at 100 million people and that is sever enough to accomplish our goal.

Again, as suggested avoid purchasing gas from EXXON/MOBIL until they lower their price to the normal $1.30 gallon range and keep them down. This tactic has proven true throughout the history of economics all we have to do is take a stand…..together.

drillbig.jpg

;)

chastity said:
this is to go along with the idea put forward by perris and might have be what he saw to get the idea. Now there is also a list I believe on DoE's website that lists which companies buy oil from Arab's

Using simple economics we can reduce gas prices

This was originally suggested by a retired Coca Cola executive.

It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton.

It's worthy of your consideration.

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!!

Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work.

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How?

Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.

It's really simple to do!

We all know the theory behind the chain mail system….. you send it to 10 people whom send it to another 10 people, and etc. As a result you have a large audience that can reach hundreds of thousands to millions of people.

So, let’s send it out to as many as possible and get this ball rolling… I’m sure we are all tired of spending so much money on gas!

How long would all that take?

In a perfect world, if everyone actually sent this out to 10 people it would reach 300 Million in 8 days.

Now, we all know that everyone isn’t going to send it out to 10 people and we can’t control that.

But, if this makes sense to you will pass this message on. And even if it gets to 1/3 of the people, we are still looking at 100 million people and that is sever enough to accomplish our goal.

Again, as suggested avoid purchasing gas from EXXON/MOBIL until they lower their price to the normal $1.30 gallon range and keep them down. This tactic has proven true throughout the history of economics all we have to do is take a stand…..together.

Still not true.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

chastity said:

Economics doesn't take into account depleting resources. It's based on the premise that there will be continual long term growth. Again, a boycott won't matter. If anything, the price needs to be higher so people use less of it.

muzikool: I know you're joking, but the Alaskan oil reserves won't help much ;)

Grandmaster said:
muzikool: I know you're joking, but the Alaskan oil reserves won't help much ;)

:D
Colorado would help, though.

*goes to find source*

muzikool said:

Usually shale oil or oil from tar sands (like the stuff in Alberta) isn't economically feasible (unless oil is expensive like right now), or it's not very efficient to get in the first place since the energy returned on energy invested is really low. But this stuff in Colorado seems to have both covered.

I only have two problems:

1. They didn't mention total reserves. Only said that the area is about 1000 square miles, with a billion barrels per square mile. So that's about 1 trillion barrels. Sounds pretty impressive. But the tar sands in Alberta apparently have 1.6 trillion, with only about 10% of it recoverable. I want to know how much is recoverable. Probably a similar recovery rate to the Albertan stuff.

2. How many barrels will they be able to produce per day? Not much use if they can't pump out oil at a fast rate.

(Read this for some background info)

From what I've heard, estimates are that this oil could supply the U.S. *at its current consumption* for 500 years. I've also heard that this is 2-4 years away if the ball starts rolling.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back