briefcase computer

ok running into problems now, the power plug, i cant get it to get out of the case, i am not sure how i am gonna do this

ok the eaysest way for me to secure the PSU to my box is my using this massive super glue that takes 24hours to dry. i know that it can hold it but could this be a bad thing??? of there being glue under the PSU???

Originally posted by canadian_divx
i hvae 2 120mm DC fans at 14000RPM, these this can move about 300CFM and they are not to loud but they are a U ground connection and need 115 vollts, i was thinking tha tif i mounted a power bar in there i could use thes but would mounting the power bar make more heat or should i jsut go with the 120mm's that i ordered for this computer LOL if you can call it that
that's actually a good idea. if you have the room for a power strip, i would go for that. not only will you get a LOT more airflow with those 115v fans, but they won't be putting any load on your ps. i don't think you need to worry about the power strip putting out any heat... even if it did, the 300cfm's would more than compensate. :D that would also fix your power cord problem.

i dunno about gluing the ps in. removing it later for a replacement would pe a pain in the ass. try this. find some simple little "L" brackets, maybe an inch by an inch long or whatever. secure one side to the wood via wood screws and secure the ps to the upright part. use maybe 3 or 4 of these. and if you put them in the right spots, you can use the holes in the back of the ps to secure it to the "L" brackets. two in back and one "custom" hole in front would be fine.

ok i have anouther question for anyone that is wanting to answer becuase i know that a lot of peopel have seen this thred, there is foam inside the case and i want to know how bad that it might be for the HEAT issue. i know that the foam will help with sound but will there be too much heat???

my answer is still... no, heat buildup will never be a problem as long as you have ample airflow. and 300cfm's is ample enough. it's when you're going for a quiet computer with limited airflow that heat tends to build up.

though it'd be a good idea to cut away the foam in areas that are next to the drives and under the whole motherboard... where the foam is close to heat.

other people are welcome to give their feedback. :p

i ahve already pulled out most of the foam but i was thinking about putting some back in the empty areas and around the large 120mm fan. i tryed to add the power bar to the case but there is no room so i just moded the PSU and added 2 more fans to it, went shopping during lunch and abought anouther vantec tornado 80mm fan for it.
i didnt have any braces for the PSU so i just glued it down.
so now i got the PSU and mobo mounted i am working on the CDrom.

i ahve some mounting plates from a harddrive cooler that i am going to mount it to but i was just thinking should i try to amount the aluminum plate from hte HDD cooler with it to help with it ro just not to bother with it

wait a minute... so when the suitcase is standing up, your motherboard's going to be on the bottom and power supply in the front (or back)?

this is what i'm seeing...

briefcase3.txt

now i'm curious... i thought you were going with this sort of design?:

briefcase.txt

.. or something similar. with the new design...:

briefcase3.txt

.. i don't see how you're going to get very good cooling. unless you have a plan i'm not aware of? how is the cpu going to get adequate airflow at the bottom like that?

ok after long and hard testing and just lineing up some of the fan holes and getting everything just right i am done, well almost

here are pics of it totaly built all i need to do now is put the NTFS LOGO on it which i am not to sure how i am going to do it becuase what they came up with was better than i hoped and i want to put just that up there on it as a huge sticker, i am just trying to find a place where they can make a sticker that large

hey, looks nice! have any problems getting her booted up or anything? do you feel comfortable lifting it up and transporting it by the handle and everything? have any advice for anyone else that might want to take on a project like this?

briefcase4.txt

any advice for other people wanting to do this, well yea, get a MOBO with onboard video LOL way easyer. and other than that i cant think of any, right now i am working ok the key starter and thinking of where i can put the LED's for power and hdd

lol for 25$ amercian i think i will make my own but thanks it is giving me an idea, now to just go look for the parts LOL and of yea i just put the LED's in because i couldent sleep it is 4:30am now LOL

i need to know how these power switches work, can someone help me on this, i am really likeing the key idea but i dont know how to make it work

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back