Bought my new laptop

Yeah, I figured the CPUs should be near identical. Wasn't sure about the gfx though. Thx Would be interesting to see a laptop stomp many desktops in benchies though :D

Well Gary, have fun. And yeah, it does sound like this should hold you off nicely, in the dorms I'm gathering?

Well just some of the standard stuff I guess, along with some of the games you would be looking to play on this thing :D

Not sure what games you're interested in though... Would probably give you a certain sense of satisfaction to see some of your fav games pulling some really good numbers, before you leave :)

Benchmarks:
3dmark03 = 3437

3dmark01se = 12551

PCMark04 = 4056

Aquamark =
Triangles/Sec : 8645988tps
Frames/Sec : 28.72fps
GFX : 3426
CPU : 8870
Overall : 28721

These were pretty much out of the box tests, just installed omega 4.5's instead of the drivers that came with it

Mobile Meter: (while writing up this review)
CPU Speed: 2.23 GHz
CPU temp: 47*C
HDD temp: 42*C

NOTE: These were from a while ago the temps have changed (dropped) after applying as3 to the cpu

thats not too bad... should be able to game rather well with it :)

btw I had mentioned that the gfx card was similar to mine... I had gotten into the mind-set you had the 9800 (all that jazz on the last page :D )...

your gpu should perform around the level of a 9600xt actually and slower than a dtop r300 series product..

Yeah, you should be able to game. The other side of moving on campus...(if I'm correct in assuming this) is that there broadband connection :D

Yeah, yeah, I know peeps buy them for their school work, but invariably end up installing games :D

hey gary i just reccommend this laptop to my friend, hes ganna buy it tommow, with exactly the same specs as u, how do u feel about this laptop? btw i know ull say great, but thats not the reason im here, i wanna ask where can he buy this in dallas in a store, cuz his dad wants to buy it from a store, if its not possible then he will buy it from the site u bought it from

wow..late reply..haven't been on the site for a while..sorry lol and yea i do think the laptop is great they have released 3 bios fixes that fixed pretty much every flaw with it and it runs cool and great now screens beautiful no dead pixels processing power is great and it clocks down to save battery so thats a great help. as for the store its not available in a store. the company (PCTorque) has a store in florida if he wants to get it from there otherwise they ship out to wherever..im in canada i got it shipped to some relatives in michigan and picked it up there and everything worked out great. All the sales reps are great to work with and actually know what their talking about so it shouldn't be a problem at all..again sorry for the late reply

Such a nice laptop, and 17" inch screen as well! First time I've ever seen an A64 on a laptop. Congrats on the purchase :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back