bootvis is ruining my life!HELP!!!!!

S

sonambula

Okay. I've been surfing these pages for days now trying different things you all have recommended to speed up my absolutely HORRENDOUS boot times (sometimes upwards of 4-5 mins!!!!!!!!). I thought I was in the clear when i found bootvis a couple of weeks ago, but alas it's sweet goodness only works for exactly 1 boot. After that, things start to slow down (1 min on second boot, 1.5 on third, 2 on fourth, etc.). I end up running bootvis several times per week, as nothing else seems to work.

Let me add a few details to the story to help any valiant savants out there. I first got xp pro about 4 months ago. I did an upgrade from my windows 98 OS and things were great for about 1 month. Everything slowed down dramatically all of a sudden and I was stuck with not only slow boots, but application hangs and everything else (sometimes take me 1 minute to run Word!!!!). Very frustrating. I decided to do a clean install of xp pro, and lo! everything worked fine again for 3-4 weeks. Then everything slowed down again much to my extreme dismay. I have tried many things to solve the problem, but the only thing that works is bootvis, but that only works for 1, 2 max, boots. Then all my apps slow down, boots slow waaaaaaaaaay down, and general HD access goes to s%$t. I'm at my wit's end. Bootvis is that tantalizing treat that works, but not really, so I'm constantly running it and I've begun to hate it. It is ruining my life.

I re-format and re-install every 2-3 weeks, maybe longer if I'm happy with system performance, can't really help you...

I tried BootVIS, all it did was screw up my system...go figure?

SlowDowns

Hi I am a computer tech in Seattle, I build and fix computers for a living. Relying on my experiences I would recommend that you get a new Hard Disk Drive for your computer. I believe your current HD is going bad. This explains why your computer is working fine for 2-4 weeks after a complete reinstallation since you have to format the drive. Sorry for the bad news :(

I've seen this problem and similar ones many times and 90% of the time it was a HD issue

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back