Bootup problem with iomdisk.sys and mup.sys

R

Roshambo

OK, I just bought a brand new Abit kr7a MB and XP2000+ proc, 512MB RAM.
I have been plagued with problems since I installed it last Thursday. Here is the chain of events:

1) Once I installed the system, I went into the BIOS and set it for the XP2000+ (was no option, had to set things to 13X 133.) and whenever I rebooted after saving the BIOS, I would have to unplug the computer and wait for the light to go out in order for the system to boot... but once it did, everything was fine.

2) I tried plugging in my external zip100 drive, and it didn't autodetect it.. so I went to iomega and the website said that no drivers should be needed, but to download a certain set if you need to.. so I did, and installed it.. and then 1/2 of the time windows would get a blue screen on startup.

3) I decided to uninstall the iomega software, and then the blue screen came about more often, about 2/3 to 3/4 of the time now. I did a safe mode boot and found it was hanging on a file: iomdisk.sys

4) I decided that once I got into windows, I would rename the file to iomdisk_backup.sys, and see what happens... well got a blue screen again, and tried safemode. This time I got it hanging on mup.sys.

5) I tried rebooting about 20 times this morning, and got a blue screen each time.

Any ideas? Did I majorly mess up in renaming to iomdisk.sys? I assumed it was an iomega driver causing me problems...

Roshambo

actually renaming wasn't the best idea you had.

You can uncheck the drivers you don't want to start in msconfig

just if you would be able to get to windows, go to the 'run' box, and type msconfig.

iom and mup are both required system files...from the sounds of your problems i'd seriously consider a fresh re-install and see if the problems persist, sorry man =/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back