Bootup Freeze (Help please!)

-seek-

OSNN Addict
Hello, I have this little problem that sometimes when restarting Windows and its booting back up at the Windows XP Home screen it freezes and the blue moving bars just stop. Now this only happens to me sometimes and its getting pretty annoying because I have to do a hard restart.

Anyone have any advice? …thx

correct me if i'm wrong, but the blue boot bar means you are running winxp sp1, update to sp2, this will probably solve the issue.

Have you tried to see if it boots into safemode without freezing? F8 during startup.

lancer said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but the blue boot bar means you are running winxp sp1, update to sp2, this will probably solve the issue.

XP home users have a green one until they update to SP2, then its blue :p

ohh i am so wrong these days..... please someone, anyone help me :( :) :) :)

perris said:
any new hardware?

memory might be bad too

naw man, no new stuff. i dont see why it would be a hardware issue cos everything runs great untill the Windows loadup comes....

edit ur c:/boot.ini

add /sos behind the os infos line.save and exit

when u start again ,u can see details about ur os starting...

yoninh said:
edit ur c:/boot.ini

add /sos behind the os infos line.save and exit

when u start again ,u can see details about ur os starting...

hmm... the OS wont let me save over the c:\boot.ini file.... ?

ok thats normal what u do is save it as boot2.ini or somthing else, then delete the orignal boot.ini, and then rename the boot2.ini to boot.ini

themafia_69 said:
ok thats normal what u do is save it as boot2.ini or somthing else, then delete the orignal boot.ini, and then rename the boot2.ini to boot.ini

hey, that was obvious... thx :nervous:

themafia.69 said:

or remove the read only check box?

like NT4 server

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back