Bootable XP cd with SP1 integrated

Thanks Capricorn; I checked my CD-ROOT directory and found 1 folder called " WXHCCP_EN (D) " All the files and directories are in this directory. I put this file name into the run command and the files updated OK. I used copy and paste to copy the cd. Is this the right way to copy the cd or should I copy the cd another way? I would also like to thank everyone that help me unpack the SP1 file.

I just thought of what I did wrong. I copied and pasted the whole cd folder from windows explorer instead of the files and folders inside the main folder. I moved the files from the one folder to the CD-ROOT folder and then deleted the folder. I'm going to try and burn the cd and see if it works.

oh my

Originally posted by Capricorn
I'm also have trouble with this. I have managed to do all the things suggested, and have made a disc. However, it will not boot up. Secondly when I open the disc, it contains a single folder, which does have the XP folders in it, by selecting install it opens with the usual install XP options. Where am I going wrong.

Ok I am going to try and explain in my own words , if you follow the directions on that web page you cant go wrong except for the renameing of your sp1 dont rename anything .

Make a folder on C: called (xp) inside that make three folders name them ( root ) ( boot) and (sp1)

First take your xp cd and extract all the files to a folder on your hard drive call this folder (root)

take the bootzip and unzip it take that one bootbin and place it in a folder called (boot)

now take your 133mb sp1 and extract all those to the folder (sp1)

you can use isobuster, for the extracting and other things I am sure winrar will exctract the sp1 also I prefere isobuster but thats up tp you , ok now we have three folders inside our (xp) folder each has something in it ...... we still here??????

good now for the good stuff we need to get the sp1 to intergrate with our xp files right?

paste this to your run command box

C:\XP\SP1\UPDATE\UPDATE.EXE -S:C:\XP\CD-ROOT

ok now we have xp and sp1 intergrated in the follder called (root)

now you need to follow the directions on the page for setting up your nero or ez cd creator if your using nero you wont see the boot files in the file window but on ezcd you will see them , dont forget when you add the files to either nero or ezcd its all the files inside the (root) not the folder DONT ADD THE FOLDER ROOT

hope this helps a little

:rolleyes:

rai.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back