Bootable Slipstream

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Can anyone tell me how I should make my slipstreamed XP_SP1 CD bootable.
I am using Nero Burning Rom 5.5.9.9
I have downloaded the XPSP1 boot floppies, but I dont have 6 disks and Nero can only import 1 img file to the CD.

I used this. Put it in the root of the cd. I used the guide from here. This guide is for easy cd but nero is close by.

Hmmz, weird.

I used the same guide to create a bootable sp1 slipstreamed cd. And all I get is this:

I checked the settings in Nero about a 1000 times. Everything is EXACT as on that tutorial... check it out.

Can anyone help me? What is it that I'm doing wrong?

Greetz

Lukas

Thnx m8!

Hopefully this one will work, coz I allready wasted 3 cd's...

Greetz

Lukas

for me it worked. just follow every step in the guide and you will succeed

Ok... ARGHHH!

even with your boot image and the other tutorial it is telling me to insert the windows XP pro cd into the floppy drive...

[dutch]
Ik krijg daar het schijt van!
[/dutch]

That's my fourth cd wasted...

Any1 ideas? I'm doing exactly as told, but I'm doing something wrong... ther must be something.

Greetz

Lukas

hmmm try downloading the latest version of nero, maybe that will help. but its very weird, my slipstream went perfectly in one cd. hmm are you slipstreaming an english copy of xp or a dutch copy?

I updated Ner to 5.5.10.0 after the first cd...
It's an OEM version of WinXP in English. At least I think it is. Here @ work we have a share with the cd on it, but I don't know which version it is exactly.

Setup.exe has a version of 5.1.2600.1106

What I don't get is the A: drive... why everytime the A: drive? I know for sure the emulation is disabled in Nero, like in the tutorial(s)

Greetz

Lukas

hmmm im not sure if you can slipstream a oem version, but since its an english version, you may need the boot.img from the english xp cd to work.

[dutch]
ja ik weet het ik heb 2 versies van xp en niet 1 gekocht. maar dat kan mij wat schelen, M$ mag bij me komen klagen als ze er problemen mee hebben :)
[/dutch]

I hope it will work this time, but first check if its possible to slipstream a oem

I used ISO Buster to copy the original boot sector of my Orig XP CD and then used that as an image for the new SP1 CD.

sboulema: I heard somewhere you cant slipstream an OEM version too...

You heard wrong. :D OEM has no problems with slipstreaming. It is an excellent way to reinstall xp. All patched & ready to go after the initial install. GREAT!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back