bootable cd

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
I looked in old threads and even thought I created one with this title but found nothing...can some point me in the direction of a bootable cd rom so I can upgrade the bios to my mobo...saw that a few people have used them in old posts and hope someone can help...

found some like with Bart's guide...or whatever but couldn't get his stuff to work!

please help!

and btw thanks benny and elemental

well I tried but I don't know how to get to where the flash utility is ...I"m hopeless

Do you have a flash utility in your bios setup? I do, haven't flashed this mobo yet as it's 3 days old, if you're flashing for a reason, maybe if you're motherboard seems to work o.k. then don't bother doing it.

no I really need to do it...there is a memory problem fixed with this...there anyway to boot up from a usb pen drive?

Some bios support boot from USB pen drives some don't. (Mine doesn't :( )

You can add the flash program and replacement bios to the boot CD you made (that'll mean burning a new cd).

Or just burn another cd with the flash program and bios file on it and swap once you have booted.

Or put the flash program and bios file in the root directory of your C drive so you can actually find it when using the boot cd.

Or a lot more complicated:
Make a directory called C:\bios and put the flash program and bios file into it.
after boot and at the DOS prompt type C: "enter" to go to the C: drive if you aren't there already. Then CD \bios "enter". Then type the name of the flash utility and "enter".

PS Did you read the notice on the web site where you got the bios update that said it can be dangerous trying to flash a bios if you don't know how?

well I have updated my bios before with a floppy drive I took out of a computer...I know how but with no floppy drive I'm screwed

ok well I tried something horribly stupid but it worked...

I knew I was taking a chance on really messing up my mobo but I went to abit and downloaded their windows flash utility even though I have an albatron mobo and it worked...don't ask me how don't ask me why but it did...

so thanks to everyone that helped I really appreciate it

damn, you're lucky, lol
but then again, same flashing program for video cards can be used across manufacturers...
er.. still surprised :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back