Boot up is hyper slow :-( pls help

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ludwik, Feb 27, 2002.

1. ludwik

ludwik Guest

Any ideas anyone?
    Hi, I have here a problem : here are the details.
    Firstly, after a hard reboot, with power temoved from the case, the computer only boots after second attempt. After first attempt pc speaker beeps for 2 seconds, no VGA out, no HD activity other then power up.
    I've run bootvia already and the results are in the attached files. As you can see there as some 150 seconds of 0 activity, the system is just idlea while the winXP logo is shown with the coloured bar moving across the screen.
    System set up:
    Athlon 1.2Ghz
    KT7 (non raid) Abit mother board.
    pure scsi harddisk config, 32Gb IBM hard disks,
    Adaptec SCSI Card 19160
    Geforce2 64mb ddr
    512mb sd ram (non ddr)
    I've tried placing the scsi card in different slots to solve first problem, I've updated XP fully (Professional Version).
    Any ideas on both issues?
    Thank you for your time
    Do I need to give more info? please ask if so.

:rolleyes: :confused:
  2. eGoalter

eGoalter Guest

lets see...

for the boot time issue, go into administrative services and completley disable the nividia driver helper service.that should help that. now for the rest, what size power supply do you have?:D
  3. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

The Nvidia Driver Helper service barely slows boot for a second, but you might as well disable it anyway. I'm guessing it's a problem with the scsi driver fully initializing to access the disks right away. have you checked to see if there are any updated drivers for your card?
  4. eGoalter

eGoalter Guest

it seems people who are having slow boot up probs all have scsi
    cards? lolol:cool: is it adaptec flexing there bug farm? why is adaptec always involved in these issues one way or another...
    lol.:D :D :D