boot times

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Sazar, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

what is your boot time from the moment you hit the power-button till the usable desktop appears...

by usable of course I mean where you can click and where there is no hourglass or whatever you have on your screen denoting cpu is busy...

:)

2. Steely

Steely OSNN Addict

Not counting the 4 - 5 seconds it takes to enter logon name/password, 14 seconds, don't know if that's good or bad. I've disabled a load of services I will never need (Help and support, UPS, etc.) and all but one startup file (systray).

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I have automatic login so I just time it from when I push the button to when the screen loads...

I am getting a total of around 15 seconds... :)

maybe some more RAM and alittle oc'ing will fix that lol...

I have yet to tweak out my xp to your extent and I do have norton systemworks load up... but that only takes like a second

:)

4. IT takes about 15 secs to get to the login screen, then it Takes about a 30 secs to load up all the shiznit...but that's cos i have so much stuff to load up...3 norton products, Modem stuff, Keyboard and mouse shortcuts...

5. ncc1704

ncc1704 Guest

21 sec untill everthing is loaded....

And i've got several questions....

"Why do a have to click on START when i want to STOP...????"

"Why does a PC need LOAD time when a car starts direct when you turn the key?"

"Why does windows always ask to press the OK button when hes got an error..thats NOT OK!"

"Why after a driver installation doe I have to press the reboot-button? I cant choose another option":confused:

"When Windows can''t find a mouse i've to click on OK to continue...THERE's NO MOUSE....:mad:"

so...thats my opinion!

6. Daedalus

Daedalus Guest

LOL, good one...seen that somewhere b4:)