Boot Problems Need HELP :(

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by DragonHeart, Jan 14, 2004.

1. DragonHeart

DragonHeart OSNN Addict

Hi,

Hope someone can help with this problem.

The pc boots but doesnt load windows all that it displays are cant find boot file on floppy also cant fidn boot file on CDROM. It then give me the option to go into windows in safe model but when i select that it comes up with the windows xp loading screen and just resests back to square 1. It kinda comes up with a blue screen but resets itself too quick to be able to read anything.

Any suggestions.

Thx in advance for any help offered

2. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

Try booting to your XP cd, loading recovery console, and running a check disk on the HD (chkdsk /R). You could also try fixing the boot record by typing fixboot.

3. DragonHeart

DragonHeart OSNN Addict

Hi,

Thx for the reply ive tried both options and still no joy :( is thier anyway of disabaling the reset function when a serious error happens from the boot menu's ? as it resest because its found a error. Could this be due to bad memory or corrupt HD ?

4. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

Well i had the same problem as u. It took me awhile to figure out just one of my memory sticks were bad. So my best guess is your memory is bad.

5. DragonHeart

DragonHeart OSNN Addict

Hi,

Ok problems fixed, dont ask me how but i fiddled around in the boot ini file etc and recovery consle and it works fine now.

Thx

6. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

Thats good way better then havin to go buy more memory!