Boot From Winxp Pro Cd?

T

tokey22

Hey, so i'm having problems with booting from the WinXP Pro CD.

Any ideas why it wouldn't be working?

I've set my system to check the CD drive first then hard drive then floppy.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Is it a copy? If so, that could be your problem. If it's not a copy, then I apologise, but it had to be asked. Are there any scratches on the CD? Is it dirty? Try giving it a wash in some luke warm water with a tiny bit of detergent. Dry it carefully and try it again. You might need to do that a few times. Seriously it does work with some problem CDs.

Tope's right about the copy , if a copy is authored on the wrong software or with the wrong settings it will be all ok except for it won't boot ...

scratched disk is also possible , actually i use a ligt spray of furniture polish to rejuvinate a CD , make sure you use a clean soft cloth and wipe from the centre going outwards , it's fixed many a disc for me

Another thing you could try is making a floppy to boot the XP CD from .. there's an official microsoft set (six floppies) or there's a simpler single floppy disk at:
http://www.drd.dyndns.org/cgi-bin/dllsearch.cgi?searchterm=xpboot.exe

even more ways around it here :
http://home.att.net/~r.rizun/Special/boot_up.htm

good luck :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back